|55|

Fifty five
________________

"Oh, what the hell is this?" the sheriff asked after taking one bite out of his burger.

Brie and Stiles had just got him takeout but Stiles insisted on just getting him healthy stuff.

"Veggie burger," Stiles said, taking out the rest of the take out.

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger," Noah told him.

"I tried telling him," Brie chimed in, taking out her own food.

"Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy." He held up his own salad that he ordered.

Noah opened up the container infront of him that had celery and carrots in it. "Oh, hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?"

"I'm trying to extend your life, okay?" Stiles answered.

Brie slowly pushed her fries towards the sheriff with a smirk. His face lit up.

"This is why I prefer you," he winked. "Stiles, you have my blessing to marry her right now."

"Could you just eat it, please? And tell us what you found," Stiles ignored his dad's comment.

"No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with two teenagers."

"But I gave you my fries," Brie whined.

The sheriff shrugged before shoving another fry in his mouth.

"Is that it on the board behind you?" Stiles asked, taking a good look at the board.

"Don't look at that," he ordered.

"All right," Stiles said even tho him and Brie were both very obviously still looking.

"Avert you eyes."

"We're not even looking," Brie lied, lifting her head up for a better view.

"Hey! Avert."

"I see arrows pointing at pictures," Stiles ignored him.

"Pictures of people," Brie added.

"Okay, okay, stop. Fine," the sheriff finally gave in.

Stiles and Brie gave each other a fist bump under the table at their success.

"I found something," he admitted. "Mechanic and the couple who were murdered. They all had something in common."

"All three?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah," Noah nodded. "You know what I always say. One's an incident. Two's coincidence."

"Three's a pattern," Stiles finished for him.

"It's a pattern?" Brie questioned.

"The mechanic, the husband, the wife. All the same age. All 24."

"What about Mr. Lahey?" Brie asked. "I'm pretty sure he's not 24."

"Which made me think that either A, Lahey's murder wasn't connected, or B, the ages were a coincidence," Noah said before getting out a note pad and handing it to them. "Until I found this, which would be C. Did you know that Issac Lahey had an older brother named Cameron."

"Died in combat," Stiles read from the report.

"But if he were alive today, take one guess as to how old he'd be."

"Twenty-four," the two teens answered at the same time.

The three of them then got up to stand in front of the board, thinking about how this all could be connected.