|57|

Fifty seven
________________

Brie walked into the rave with Scott or Stiles. She assumed she would just be able to meet them inside once she got there. She wasn't too worried, she would find them eventually.

She walked through the sweaty teens with the music blasting in her ears.

She noticed the attention she was getting. The men staring at her as she passed. Sure, she would get a few looks when at parties but not this many.

She ignored them, obviously, only scanning the crowd for a familiar face.

She came across Matt and Allison.

"Hey, Brie!" Matt shouted over the loud music. "Where's Stiles?"

"I don't know, I haven't seen him yet."

"You didn't come with him?" He asked, moving closer.

"I told him I'd meet him here," the blonde girl shouted back. "Hey, Ally, how are you?" Brie smirked at the girl who seemed miserable. Why was she at the race with Matt?

Allison pulled her aside. "Don't laugh," she started.

"Why are you here with him?"

"Scott and I thought it would be best if I was seen on a date with someone else," Allison explained. "My mother was getting suspicious. But he hasn't shut up about you since we got here."

Just as Brie was about to say something else Matt appeared again.

"Brie, want to dance?" He shouted over the music, holding out his hand for her.

"Shouldn't you be asking your date that?" Brie said back, gesturing to Allison. "Not the girl with a boyfriend."

"I don't see him around," he said with a laugh. When she didn't reply he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. "Just one dance, Brie."

Brie grabbed his hand roughly. "Don't touch me," she ordered. He couldn't help himself from immediately backing away. "It's never going to happen, Matt."

His face contorted to anger as Brie turned away from him to go find someone else.

Thankfully, she spotted Scott among the people. She made her way over to him as he spotted her.

"Allison told her family everything, they're coming here tonight," Scott told her.

"What?" Brie said. "But the plan-"

"Will be ruined, I know," Scott finished for her. "And they know it's Jackson. Allison told them."

"Why would she do that?"

"I don't know," Scott shouted back, seeking completely stressed. "We need to change the plan now."

"How do we do that?" Brie asked.

"I'll figure it out," Scott replied before he went to leave her.

She stopped him just as he was about to walk away. "Where's Stiles?"