|23|

twenty three
_______________________

Both Stiles and Scott got detention but somehow, Brie managed to talk her way out of it as she always tended to do. Obviously, there was no way Stiles and Scott were getting out of it but Brie had just a special talent. That talent was always getting what she wanted. Stiles said it was because she had this charm that just instantly made people like and listen to her.

When Brie got a call from Scott to meet him at the school that night she was pretty shocked and mostly confused.

Stiles had collected her from her house and Scott had tried filling them in the best he could on the way. According to him, Derek thought that Scott's boss was the Alpha and now he was knocked out in the back of Derek's car and Scott needed to prove that the Alpha is someone else.

"This us a terrible idea," Stiles commented as he got out of the car.

"Yeah, I know," Scott agreed.

"But we're still gonna do it?" Brie asked, already knowing the answer.

"Can you think of something better?" Scott asked, obviously slightly panicked from the whole situation.

"Well, personally I'm a big fan of ignoring a problem until it eventually just goes away," Stiles said, sarcasm lacing his voice.

"Just make sure we can get inside," Scott ignored his best friend. He turned and saw Dereks car approaching. "He's here."

The trio walked over to the grown werewolf.

"Where's my boss?" Scott asked.

"He's in the back," Derek replied.

The three of them walked to the back of the car to see the man tied up and completely knocked out in the back seat.

"Oh, he looks comfortable," Stiles spoke up sarcastically.

The trio began to walk away from the man, who shouted after them, "Wait. Hey. What are you doing?"

"You said I was linked with the Alpha," Scott started. "I'm gonna see if your right."

They walked into the building together and instantly Stiles began to speak.

"Okay, one question," he started nervously. "What are you gonna do if the Alpha doesn't show up?"

"I don't know."

Brie raised an eyebrow. "Have you ever noticed that most of the questions we ask you are answered with 'I don't know'?"

Scott put his hands up in defence. "That's not my fault, you guys should stop asking questions that I don't know the answer to."

"And what are you gonna do if he does show up?" Stiles continued with his questions.

Scott didn't dare look at Brie's smug face as he answered. "I don't know."

"Good plan," Stiles remarked sarcastically.

"All right," Scott began, leaving no room for Brie to even make a comment. "You said that a wolf howls to signal his position to the rest of the pack, right?"

"Oh, so he does listen to us sometimes," Brie smirked, teasing the teen wolf.

"But, if you bring him here, does that make you part of his pack?" Stiles asked with worry.

"I hope not," Scott replied quietly.

"Yeah, me too," Stiles agreed, setting up the speaker. "All right, all you."