|25|

twenty five
_______________________

"No, I'm going out to find her!" Stiles yelled as he tried to push past Scott. They had noticed too late that Brie was no longer following behind them and they had no idea where she was.

Lydia, Jackson and Allison had come to the school because apparently, Scott had sent Allison a message saying to meet him at the school. Only it wasn't Scott, it was the Alpha pretending to be Scott. So now the three of them were in a room, hiding.

"Did you see that thing?" Jackson yelled. "If you go out there, it's only going to kill you too."

"She not dead!" he raged, walking up to Jackson so that they were face-to-face. Stiles turned back to Scott. "She's not dead," he repeated quieter.

"I know," Scott said. "And we will find her. I want her safe just as much as you do."

"How did you even manage to loose her?" Lydia cried. She tried to hold back the tears that came with the thought of her bets friend being dead but one managed to slip out.

"It's all my fault," Stiles mumbled angrily, putting his head in his hands and sitting down. "Why wasn't I watching her? Why wasn't I making sure she was there?"

Scott found it hard to look at the short-haired boy. He was a mess. He really did love her as more then a friend. "I'll go out to search for her."

"I'll come too," Stiles stood up.

"No," Scott replied and then leaned forward to whisper so only he could hear the next part. "I'm the werewolf, I actually have a chance of facing him. And I'm not going to risk loosing you too."

Stiles looked at his best friend. "I need her back, Scott," he whispered. "I don't know what I'd do without her."

~~~~

Meanwhile

She didn't know how long she was out for.

But it was still dark and she was still in the school so she assumed it couldn't have been too long.

It took a moment for all the memories to come back to her.

The Alpha. He's here somewhere.

Where's Stiles and Scott?

Was she dead?

She looked around and noticed she hadn't moved from where she passed out. Her head was still spinning and she felt extremely weak but she went to stand up anyway.

She wobbled at first but eventually realised she could walk. Even with a fuzzy head.

She examined her body and noticed a slash across her stomach covered in blood.

That's where the pain was coming from.

She could barely feel it with her heavy head. She needed to find Scott and Stiles.

And so she walked down the hall. She kept walking until she heard voices coming from a nearby room. She heard one voice in particular.

Stiles.

She walked up to the locked door and began to weakly knock.

Thankfully, the door opened to reveal Scott. She collapsed in his arms.

"Brie!" a number of voices shouted.

Stiles took Brie from Scott's hands and carefully sat her down against the wall.