|14|

fourteen
__________________________

Apparently, since Scott couldn't remember for sure if he was the one to kill the bus driver, he went to Derek for help. Derek told him that if he revisits the bus in which it happens it should rejog his memory or something.

So here the trio were, outside the school in Stiles' blue jeep so they could go back to the crime scene. Probably a stupid idea considering if they got caught they would be number one suspect for the attack but you know.... yolo.

They all stepped out of the car, Stiles probably being the most enthusiastic of the group. Brie already got a funny feeling of the area so she wasn't as enthusiastic as she normally would be.

"Hey, no, just me," Scott stopped his two best friends before they could even make it to the fence. "Someone needs to keep watch."

"Fine by me," Brie held her hands up. "This place is already giving me a weird feeling," she says before backing away, not taking her eyes away from the crime scene. Normally she would argue with Scott, she loved a bit of risk and adventure but just not this time. Something felt weird.

"What? No! How come I'm always the guy keeping watch?" Stiles asked as he continued to walk towards the fence.

"Because there's only three of us," Scott argues back as he pulled Stiles back.

"Brie can keep watch!"

"You are not leaving her alone out here," Scott said lowly, hoping Brie wouldn't hear.

She did. "Hey! I don't need anyone's protection, thank you very much," she huffed, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Okay, why's it starting to feel like you're Batman and I'm Robin?" Stiles complained which caused Brie to let out a small, unheard laugh. "I don't want to be Robin all the time."

"Nobody's Batman and Robin any of the time," Scott said, confused.

"Not even some of the time?"

Scott let out a sigh, "Just stay here."

"Oh my God! Fine," Stiles finally gave in, turning back towards Brie and the car.

"Just to be clear, if you get caught, we are leaving you," Brie informed Scott with an innocent smile before she herself got into the car.

Stiles made it known that he wasn't happy when she entered the car with his arms crossed and a pouting like a kid. Brie laughed to herself at the sight.

A few minutes of silence passed before Brie spoke.

"I have a weird feeling about all of this."

Stiles turned to face her. "Yeah, finding out your best friend is a werewolf isn't exactly normal so this whole experience may be a little strange," he said sarcastically.

She ignored his pissed off tone, too distracted by herself. "The bus driver is alive, right?"

He sobered up from his annoyed mood quickly, seeing how weird Brie was being. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure anyway," he said unsurely, "Why?"

The blonde girl shrugged. "Just get the feeling that he's dead, or gonna die or something," she trailed off. "I don't know it's stupid."

"Hey," he said, taking Brie's face is his hands to make her look up at him. "Don't be embarrassed, okay? You don't ever have to feel embarrassed about anything around me."

They were so close, staring into each others eyes. Brie knew she should pull away, but she just really didn't want to.

She looked down at his lips for only a second and then back into his eyes.