|09|

nine
_________________________

Brie was laying on her bed, texting Lydia on her phone while Stiles sat on her desk chair. He was still researching lycanthropy to find out anything he could to help Scott out. Lydia was telling her about Jackson's separated shoulder and complaining about how he won't be able to play the game.

"How come he doesn't turn into an actual wolf?" the blonde asked, not even attempting to focus on her homework. It's a lost cause anyway.

"Don't know," Stiles replied, not taking his eyes away from the computer. "Maybe there are different types of werewolves?"

"I wonder what other supernatural creatures exist," she thought out loud. "Like vampires, or something."

Stiles scoffed. "Like how you thought you were a witch last year?"

Brie gasped. She had forgotten completely about her super power she was convinced she had for the past few years. "Now that you mention it. I could totally be a witch!" she exclaimed.

"I shouldn't have said anything," Stiles sighed.

"What's that, Stiles? I should show you my super powers because you love to see them? Well, since you asked so nicely, of course I will," she said excitedly, jumping up and grabbing the nearest candle in her room.

"Watch closely," she ordered. She sat directly in front of the unlit candle and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath in through her nose and out through her mouth. She focused on nothing but the candle while Stiles watched with amusement.

She raised one hand over the candle and finally opened her eyes once more.

The candle lit.

But quickly unlit before she could properly celebrate. But the pair still saw the candle had set fire for a moment.

"See? I knew I still had it in me!" she exclaimed happily. "I thought it was just a coincidence before but now, knowing our best friend is a werewolf, it could mean anything."

"Yeah, it's definitely weird," Stiles chuckled, loving how happy she looked right now.

"Maybe I should try float some feathers," she suggested. Stiles looked at her with confusion. "That's what Bonnie from 'The Vampire Diaries' did," she shrugged.

Stiles was about to respond when a ringing noise from Brie's laptop interrupted them. Stiles quickly ran over, grabbing one of Brie's old toy guns he had been messing with on the way over. He answered the call and started shooting Scott with the unloaded gun like the total nerd he was.

"What'd you find out?" Scott asked, rubbing his eyes tiredly and ignoring Stiles' immature ways.

"Lydia said that Jackson's got a separated shoulder," Brie answered, standing behind Stiles and leaning down to look at the laptop screen.

"Because of me?" Scott asked, probably feeling bad about the whole situation.

"Because he's a tool," Stiles answered, feeling no pity what-so-ever.

"He deserved it," Brie muttered, also not feeling any pity.

"But is he going to play?" Scott asked.

"They don't know yet," Brie answered, reading the texts from Lydia off her phone.

"Now they're just counting on you for Saturday," Stiles added.

Scott let out a loud sigh and looked down in defeat. Brie took a closer look at the screen and noticed something in the background. A figure.