|30|

thirty
_____________________

"Hey, Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here," Stiles told Scott as he looked back at the car chasing them.

The trio were in a car chase. Scott was driving, Stiles beside him and Brie in the back.

They were trying to distract Kate Argent from chasing down Derek.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us," Scott argued.

"If you don't go faster, they'll kill us!" Brie exclaimed angrily. "Step on it, buddy!"

He did as he was told and they sped away. Stiles turned around to look at the car but saw that they were no longer following us.

"They're gone," he stated in surprise.

He turned on one of the police radios he stole from his dad to see what the story was.

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."

And so they sped off to find the werewolf man. They stopped the car abruptly and shouted for Derek to get in. Stiles stumbled awkwardly into the back with Brie, smiling up at her as he landed awkwardly on her lap.

They shuffled awkwardly until they were both sitting side by side. They stuck their heads over the seats to engage in the conversation.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott shouted at him as soon as they sped off again.

"Damn it, I had him!" Derek exclaimed.

"Who, the Alpha?" Stiles asked excitedly.

"Yes!" Derek answered. "He was right in front of me, and then the freaking police showed up."

"Hey, they're just doing their jobs..." Stiles started but shut up and soon as he saw the glare Derek was giving him.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state."

"Oh, your still whining about that?" Brie rolled her eyes.

"I made a dumbass mistake, I get it," the younger werewolf said angrily.

"All right," Stiles shouted to shut them all up. "How did you find him?"

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott asked when Derek didn't answer right away.

"Yeah all of us," Stiles added but backtracked upon seeing the look Derek gave him. "Or just him. We'll be back here."

"I mean, I think we're super trustworthy, honestly," Brie commented. Okay so maybe she was lying slightly, but still! It was rude of him not to trust them.

"Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out," Derek explained. "She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

"Mr. Harris?" Brie poked her head back into the conversation.

"Our chemistry teacher?" Stiles asked, doing the same thing.

"Why him?" Scott asked.

"I don't know yet," Derek reluctantly admitted which cause Brie to scoff.

Scott nudged her back so she wouldn't piss the angry werewolf off. "What's the second?"

Derek took out a piece of paper with a weird drawing on it. "Some kind of symbol." He noticed Scott's strange reaction to the symbol. "What? You know what this is?"