|61|

Sixty one
_______________

Brie pulled away from him. "What?"

"You think I actually liked you?" He was laughing now. A few teenagers around joined in on the laughter. "How pathetic can you be?"

"Why are you saying this?" Brie asked, tears coming to her eyes but she refused to let hem fall. "What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?" Stiles said back to her, with so much hatred and disgust that she wanted to run away. "Why would I go out with a freak like you?"

Everyone in the room was laughing at her now. She prayed that the ground would swallow her up.

She turned and ran out of the room, out to the backyard, where the pool was, with tears in her eyes.

She saw Lydia across the yard. "Lydia," she called out to her.

The strawberry blonde turned to face her but then a second later she seemed to disappear behind someone. Brie looked frantically around for a familiar face but found no one.

"What a baby," a familiar voice called with patronising laughter in their voice. "Going to go crying to mummy?"

Every person in the yard stopped talking to watch the scene unfold.

Brie turned towards the voice and saw herself? Smiling back at her?

Only her hair was darker and her eyes were red. Almost like a more evil version of herself

"Surprised?" 'Evil' Brie asked. "Going to cry some more like the weak little girl that you are? Oh, no, my boyfriend dumped me," she mocked her, circling her in a threatening way. "It's not like you could've lived a life with him anyway."

"Who are you?" Brie asked, blinking her tears away with anger.

"Well, isn't it obvious?" the other Brie replied, tilting her head menacingly. "I'm you. Only, the better version, of course."

"What?"

"Ugh, always so confused," the other Brie teased, walking closer to her. "How your father would be so disappointed. I mean, befriending a human is bad enough but falling in love with one? How stupid could you be."

"What do you want with me?" Brie asked, not facing the other Brie as she walked behind her. She noticed everyone in the yard disappeared. It was only them two now

"Think about it, sweetheart," the other Brie went on, ignoring her question. "A God wasn't made to live a human life. You are immortal after all. He will grow old with time while you do not. Sure, you could choose to age as he does but what when he dies? You start all over again, find a new boy to fall in love with? Or spend the rest of your immortality wallowing in your own self pity? Why do that when you have so much potential?"

Suddenly, a ring of fire formed around her and the sky darkened. Brie turned to see the other Brie, flying in the air with black wings and devil horns. While fire came out of her hands and her eyes began to glow a deep red.

"You don't understand the power you could have," the other Brie went on. "You could control everything if you wanted. Make everything belong to you. Destroy it all!"

The place got darker as thunder clouds began to form.

Brie took a step back, completely speechless, but her back hit something.

She spun around to see the back of a man. He was tall and muscular with black hair, he was wearing a black suit.

Somehow she just knew.