|41|

forty one
__________________

The three of them walked into the station. Brie and Stiles both hid behind the door while Derek went up to distract the lady.

The lady came out from the back room. "Good evening, how could I help......" she paused, getting a look at Derek. "You?"

Derek smiled. Like, actually smiled. "Hi."

"Hi."

"Um, I had a question," the man started, seeming to struggle with finding the right words. "Um, sorry I'm a little... I'm a little thrown. I wasn't really expecting someone......"

The officer chuckled as Brie and Stiles managed to sneak by unnoticed, "Like.... Me?" She flirted back.

"Oh, I was gonna say, 'So incredibly beautiful,' but, yeah," he kept flirting, smiling handsomely. "I guess that'd be the same thing."

"He's good," the blonde whispered to Stiles once they got past them.

They quietly made their way into his dads office and Stiles instantly began typing in the code.

"Did you get it?" Brie whispered, looking over his shoulder to see.

"It's not here," Stiles told her. "We have to go."

He rushed out of the room before her, and just as she was about to follow him out she heard footsteps. She noticed a weird beat in the footsteps, like a limp. She was just about to call Stiles back when she poked her head around the corner and saw a wounded officer dragging Stiles away, into the holding cell area.

Stiles had managed to pull the emergency fire trigger while being dragged.

"Hey!" Brie shouted after the officer. "Let go of him!"

Stiles managed to get out of the mans grip while he was distracted by Brie. The froze when they saw that the holding cell was open.

"Where's Issac-" Stiles started but was cut off by the werewolf attacking the officer.

Brie and Stiles instantly backed away as they fought. Stiles held his hand in front of Brie protectively even though they both knew that he was human an she wasn't. Protecting her was just an instinct to him at this point.

Issac roared loudly as the officer tried to inject him with wolfsbane. He broke the man's arm back and head butted him into the wall behind him, knocking him out.

"Did he just kill him?" Brie whispered to Stiles in a slight panic.

Derek came in and stepped on the syringe filled with wolfsbane. Issac turned to him first, then over to Stiles and Brie. Brie saw the way that he was looking at Stiles. He wanted to kill him.

She stepped forwarded, eyeing the werewolf. "Oh no you don't," she said as her eyes went black with yellow iris', just like they did on the night of the formal. A yellow halo formed and devil horns grew but this time fire appeared in front of both her and Stiles and she threw her arms forwarded to knock Issac back with some sort of force of energy.

Issac flew back and the fire disappeared but he didn't seem finished yet. Derek stepped beside her and let out a loud roar, his eyes turning yellow and shapeshifting into an Alpha.

Issac instantly retreated back and cowered away from the man before turning back into his normal self.

"How did you do that?" Stiles asked both of them. Brie was looking down at her hands in both shock and fear, barely even hearing the question.

Derek looked back at the both of them before responding, "I'm the Alpha."

Stiles turned to his girlfriend. "Brie, are you okay?"