|48|

Forty eight
________________

Brie sat beside Stiles while Scott was on the table closest to them, beside some other student.

Allison was beside Erica which didn't look good.

"Shit," Brie whispered, gesturing to Issac and Lydia.

Stiles went to get up but Harris hit him with a ruler to sit back down. "If you're trying to test my patience, Mr. Stilinski, I guarantee it'll be a failing grade."

"I hate when teachers use grades as a threat, it's so annoying," Brie complained.

"What did Issac say to you?"

"Oh, nothing really," she smiled back at him. "I know it's all just him trying to get in my head. What about you?"

"All I heard coming out of his mouth was pure jealously," Stiles smirked. "I've got the most beautiful girl in the world as my girlfriend, and he doesn't."

"If Harris weren't staring bullets into our heads I'd kiss you," Brie smirked, moving closer towards him.

"Do it anyway, he'd love another reason to hate me," Stiles said, playing a hand on her thigh under the table.

"Ooooo, getting bold, are we?" Brie teased in a low voice. "How about I'll save it all for later."

Stiles mouth opened slightly before he smiled sheepishly.

The bell interrupted them. They'd didn't even get to finish the crystal.

"Time," Mr. Harris announced. "If you've catalysed the reaction correctly, you should now be looking at a crystal.

Stiles held up their container. It definitely did not look like a crystal.

"Oh man, but I tried so hard," he said sarcastically.

"Now," Mr. Harris went on. "For the part of that last experiment I'm sure you'll all enjoy, you can eat it."

Brie looked to Stiles and then to the crystal.

"I'll pay you five bucks if you eat it," Brie challenged, taking the substance from his hands.

"Yeah, no way."

"Oh come on, don't be a pussy," Brie teased. "10 bucks."

"Do you want me to die?"

"Fine," she turned back to Scott. "5 bucks to eat this," she smirked.

"I'll pass, thanks," he laughed.

"Come on, don't knock it til ya try it," she waved the container under his nose. "I'm sure it's tasty."

"You do it then," Scott quipped back, snatching the thing from her hands. "Go on."

"Ew, no way, I'm not an idiot," she crumpled up her nose in displeasure which made Scott laugh.

Scott turned to Lydia and saw the liquid on the crystal that she was about to eat.

"Lydia!" he shouted, jumping up out of his chair.

"What?" Lydia demanded in confusion, shrugging her shoulders.

Scott looked around before sitting back down. "Nothing."

They watched as she continued to eat the crystal. She wasn't getting paralysed.

"That can't be possible," Brie sighed heavily, letting her head drop to the table. "Why her?"

~~~

Scott, Allison, Stiles and Brie all went into the Coaches office for a little meeting. No one was ever in Coaches office so it was easy to sneak in there. And Coach was least likely to care if they were to get caught.