|40|

forty
______________________

This is awkward.

Like, major awkward.

Brie was sitting in the middle of both Stiles and Scott, in front of Allison's grandfather.

"Scott McCall," the old man started, going through through files the school had kept on them. "Academically not the most accomplished, but I see you have become quite the star athlete."

Scott nodded awkwardly, not saying anything else.

"Dabria Ross," he read but paused, as if double checking the name and looked up at her with narrowed eyes. "Interesting name, unusual."

"Weird, I know. It's not like I really had a say in the matter," she said, pursing her lips awkwardly.

"Hmm," he seemed to think for a moment before looking down at the paper again. "Good enough grades, not perfect but certainly not bad, but could be better if you payed attention more. Nothing too worrying in here, no records of any unusual misbehaving."

"What can I say? I'm an angel," she smirked, leaning back slightly in the chair.

"Oh, I don't doubt that much," the man said before moving on to the next file he had. "Mr. Stilinski."

Stiles nodded as Mr. Argent opened the file to read. "Oh, perfect grades but a little to no extracurriculars," he read. "Maybe you should try lacrosse."

Brie laughed quietly as Stiles began to speak. "Oh, actually I'm already-"

"Hold on," the old man rudely interrupted him, focusing back on Scott. "McCall. You're the Scott that was dating my granddaughter."

Brie cringed and Scott spoke, "We were dating but not anymore. Not dating, not seeing any of each other or doing anything with each other.... at all."

"Relax, Scott, you look like you're about to crack a cyanide pill with your teeth," the man observed, watching the werewolf closely.

"Just a hard breakup," Scott lied, excusing his behaviour.

"Oh, that's too bad," the man said. "You seem like. pretty nice kid to me. Now listen, guys. Yes, I am the principal but I really don't want you to think of me as the enemy."

"Is that so?" Stiles scoffed sarcastically.

"A little too late for that," Brie joined in, quieter then Stiles so the man couldn't make out what she was saying.

"However, this being my first day, I do need to support my teachers," he went on. "So, unfortunately, someone is going to have to take the fall and stay behind for detention."

Both Scott and Brie looked over to Stiles who was fidgeting with his own fingers. Stiles finally looked up and noticed them both staring at him.

So he volunteered.

As soon as they left the room, Brie looped her hand in his, "Thank you," she smiled.

"Why was I the one who had to do it?" Stiles groaned.

"Well he hates my guts," Scott started. "And I noticed he seemed weird with Brie's name."

"Yeah, almost as if he knew something," Brie agreed. "It was a bit strange."

"Okay, okay," Stiles sighed. "I'll sit through detention, but you guys owe me!"

"I'll make it up to you," Brie smirked at him, giving him a quick wink. "I've gotta go, I'll see you guys later, okay?"