|68|

Sixty eight
_____________________

Stiles then returned with a roll of toilet paper. "Hey, sorry, I didn't have any tissues, so...." he said, giving the roll to Lydia.

"That's fine," Lydia told him, taking the roll and wiping her tears. Stiles then sat down on his desk chair in front of them. "God, I'm such a mess."

"Who isn't a mess these days, though," Brie laughed, trying to lighten the mood slightly.

A phone went off as she was saying that s Lydia picked it up. "You have 17 missed messages from Scott," she told Stiles, handing him the phone.

"I know," Stiles said.

"You're ignoring him?" Brie asked him, confused as to why he would be. "Stiles, he's been worried sick."

"I'm not ignoring him," Stiles replied. "Not, really."

Lydia then looked around the room and got up to walk over to Stiles' dresser, seeing the Macy's bag and all the gold jewellery.

"Why do you have women's jewellery?" She asked, holding up a bracelet. "Is this all for Brie?"

"Uh, yeah, kinda," Stiles replied awkwardly.

"Really?" Brie asked with a smirk.

"When ever I see anything you might like when I'm shopping I just buy it for your birthday," Stiles said sheepishly. "You weren't exactly supposed to see it."

Brie's heart melted. He spends all year buying her things for her birthday? She smiled at him even though he seemed embarrassed.

"A flat screen TV?" Lydia asked after seeing a new, unboxed flat screen TV on the floor.

"I get really impulsive, okay? The salesmen are really convincing," Stiles defended.

Brie went over to give him a hug. "Thank you," she said. "But I'm not letting you give me a flat screen TV."

"It's rude to return a gift, so...." Stiles replied in a teasing tone.

Just after he said that Stiles' phone, that Lydia was holding, went off. She ran over to the both of them, showing them the phone.

"You're gonna wanna read this."

They looked into the phone at the text from Scott.

Jackson was alive.

~~~

"How much do you know about this stuff?" Stiles asked Lydia after reading the text.

"Pieces," Lydia replied. "Half of it's like a dream."

"Yeah, well, guess what?" Stiles said. "The other half is like a freaking nightmare."

"Okay, I think we all need to calm down a little here," Brie said, placing a hand on Stiles chest.

"I don't care," Lydia replied. "I can help him."

"Lydia, this is a lot more serious and dangerous then you think," Brie told her. "Helping him won't be easy."

"Please, Brie," Lydia begged her. "I need to help him."

"And I need you safe," Brie said.

"Fine," Lydia said, backing away from her. "I'll find him myself."