45 | Episode Three

I didn't know what to title this😅

How does this book have 20,000 reads?? I don't understand how that many people enjoy this.

This song is just *chef's kiss*

🍪🍪🍪

*A Few Days Later*
"Thanks for waiting." She gets in the car then notices his face. "You ok?"

"She told him she loved him."

"Who?"

"Nini." Matt and Julia were sitting in a car outside of East High filming one of the first scenes of episode three. "I found an archived post on her Instagram."

"EJ, you can't just go snooping around someone's phone like a creepy stalker."

"I play to win, Ash. Have we met?" He looks out the window of the car before handing her Nini's phone. "Go to June first. Security code is seven, seven, seven, seven."

Julia (Ashlyn) reluctantly watches the video. "Ok," she says in a questioning tone.

"First of all, since when does he get a song?"

"Whatever. It was four months ago."

"Yeah, but it happened."

"Ok, ancient history. Ricky and Nini are completely over; there is no Ricky."

"Yeah," Matt (EJ) scoffs. They both look down at the phone as if Joshua (Ricky) was actually calling. "It's him."

"Ok, I spoke too soon."

"I'm gonna take this."

"What are you? Insane? Do not answer that phone, EJ! You need to return this now."

"I know."

"Nini could still be inside."

"I know."

"For the love of God, do not listen to that voicemail."

"I will! I mean I won't; I know."

Julia (Ashlyn) squints her eyes at him. "You're gonna listen to it, aren't you?"

"Why don't you believe me?"

She scoffs. "Forget the ride; I'll walk home."

Matt (EJ) taps the front of the phone as if he were answering. He counts in his head how long he needs to hold the phone before clenching his jaw, ultimately 'deleting the message,' and putting the phone away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joshua goes to get ready and sees Olivia in one of the hair and makeup chairs on her phone. "Hey," he says, coming up behind her.

She jumps a little in her chair and almost drops her phone. "Jesus, you can't just sneak up on me like that." She was texting Madison, who had to head back to LA but promised to come back as soon as possible. (She also demanded Olivia keep her up to date with everything.)

"Sorry, I just wanted to know if you had a minute."

"Of course."

He sits in an empty chair next to her. "So I know you said you watched the live, but I wanted to make sure you're... fine."