18 | You Can Trust Me

I just posted a full-on analysis solely for the title of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series on Nonsense. Yes, it deserves its own chapter

🍪🍪🍪

Joshua
I was laying in bed when I heard a knock at the door. "Hey, Josh, can you come in here for a sec?" It was Sofia.

"Sure, hold on." I turn off the TV and slowly get out of bed. "Why'd you call me in here?" I leaned on the door frame once I was there.

3rd POV
(Olivia's Thoughts | Joshua's Thoughts)

"What were you and Liv doing in the auditorium?" Dara asked.

I was confused at first. "When?" Joshua asked. I don't know if he's stalling or just plain dumb.

"What do you mean 'when?'? How many times have you been in the auditorium at the school?" Julia asked.

"Oh." That's when a lightbulb went off. "We were just talking," he said calmly.

"Are you sure that's all?" Sofia pressed. I know he won't say anything.

I kind of knew what she was getting at. I trust that Liv most likely didn't tell them about our almost-kiss. "Yeah... why?"

"Because they're freaking out over nothing," Olivia said.

"We know something else went down," Julia said.

"How so?" I asked. This was gonna be interesting.

"Because Olivia over here is blushing like crazy," Dara said. Joshua glanced at Olivia and her cheeks were red.

"I mean... one other thing happened," Joshua said. What was he doing? What was he about to say?

"What?!" the three of them said at the same time with wide eyes. While they're looking at Joshua, Olivia mouths 'no' at him from behind them. He knew what she was talking about, but she didn't know what he was about to say. He decided to mess with her. Just a little.

"What?" he says, looking directly into her eyes. Dara, Julia, And Sofia all turn around at once.

"Nothing," Olivia says. Joshua chuckles at how flustered she is. I don't care to admit she's cute when she's nervous.

"You're just as nervous now as when we were in the auditorium," he said. She raised an eyebrow at him. "The singing," he tries to remind her.

"Oh," she says. "Yeah, that was fun."

"What?" Sofia said.

"She walked in on me singing a song, then I basically shoved a guitar in her hands and asked her to sing," he starts.

"And I was hesitant, but you said there's no reason to be nervous," Olivia finished while walking closer to him. She was smiling now, an amazing sight.

"Yeah. And that was it," he says. They looked kind of satisfied. Not really. I knew they wanted more.

Joshua and Olivia hug before leaving, and she whispers, "Thank you," to him.

"No problem," I say back. "Bye, Livvy."

"Bye, Joshy."

Well, that was easy. That went better than expected.

Olivia closes the door and turns to everyone else. "I don't believe either of you," Dara said.

"Why not?"