86 | Spill

It might seem like I'm almost ignoring Lucas's cameo in the episode, but it's just that his appearance doesn't affect my storyline very much, and there isn't that much behind the scenes content with him, so I wasn't sure how else to include him other than simply his episode scenes.

🍪🍪🍪

They were back at the El Rey; it was time for Lucas Grabeel to make his appearance. Everyone was buzzing with excitement about what was going to happen today.

Sofia was disappointed that she didn't get to be in the episode, but she was still going to be at the theater because who would miss out on the opportunity to meet Lucas Grabeel?

Tim had an idea he wanted to try for this song; he wanted to do it in as few takes as possible. What he meant was that there would be few cuts between scenes for the music video. He was slightly freaking out though as everything was being prepared.

Meanwhile, everyone else was scattered around the theater just talking with each other. Olivia was sitting with Julia in one of the first few rows when something caught her eye. In one of the rows closest to the back, she saw Joe and Frankie by themselves laughing hysterically. Wonder what's up with that. "Hey, have you noticed anything... strange about those two?" she asked Julia.

"Uh, I don't know. I feel like something's up though."

"Yeah, I think they've been like that for a while."

"Wait, you don't think-"

"Oh my god, yes."

Frankie got up to go somewhere, most likely to the bathroom. Joe stayed seated and started looking through his phone. "I'm gonna go talk to him," Olivia said, beginning to stand.

"Woah, wait, what?" Julia said, stopping her. "Just like that?"

"Yeah, just like that. What's the big deal?"

"What if we're wrong?"

"Only one way to find out." She made her way towards where Joe was sitting. Her movements must've caught his attention because he puts his phone away when she makes it to the end of his row.

"Hey, Liv," he greeted with a smile.

"Hey. Figured I'd come back here since we haven't talked in a while."

"Yeah, you're right," he chuckled. "It seems like you're always with Josh."

Olivia blushed a little. She noticed how Joe was looking back at the entrance to the theater. "And you seem to be a little distracted."

"I- I don't know what you're talking about," he said uncharacteristically fast.

"Mhm." She squinted her eyes at him a little. "If I had to guess... I'd say there's a certain someone on your mind."

Joe chuckled nervously. "I could say the same about you."

"And why's that?"

He arched a brow at her. "Come on. You and Josh have had heart eyes for each other since... It's been so long that I don't remember anymore."

Her face turned a little pink. "I'll make you a deal," she proposed. "On the count of three, we say it at the same time." They were plenty of rows away from anyone else, so no one other than the two of them should hear.

"Fine," he agreed. "One."

"Two."

"Three."

"I like Josh."
"I like Frankie."