91 | Thin Walls

This chapter turned out way shorter than I had planned. Complete accident😅

🍪🍪🍪

After reviewing the individual scenes a few more times, Tim decided that they were too similar and wanted to reshoot one of them; it was decided that Ricky's should change, and it didn't take long at all.

Tim also thought that it would be a cute idea for Nini to hand out cards to everyone for opening night, so as she handed a stagehand a card, Ricky would be watching from not far away. To make it look less awkward, he'd also have a basketball in his hands.

While redoing that, Joshua had to give himself a pep talk about the whole... crush thing, which did not work. When watching the footage, back Matt kept nudging his arm and even texted him that he was stupid for not at least shooting his shot.

After that part was over, they all went out into the hallway just outside the bomb shelter. "Ok, so it's finally opening night, and everyone is nervous," he said, trying to create an image in everyone's heads. "You guys are all going to stand in a circle holding hands as kind of like a pre-show prayer. Joshua, Olivia, you two are across from each other because well, this is Disney after all."

The nine of them formed a circle in a random order; it was just whoever was standing closest to whom. "Since the music will be playing over this," Tim instructed, "I'll tell you two when to open and close your eyes. Right now, everyone does it." They all closed their eyes and heard the song begin.

They skipped to the chorus, and after about five seconds, Tim told Olivia to open her eyes first. That moment ended just as fast as it had started.

When she closed her eyes back, Joshua opened his. He knew the way he was supposed to look at her (they both had instructions), but... he just did whatever felt the most natural. God damn it.

"Ok, now break apart." They all open their eyes and look over at Kate (Miss Jenn) as she approaches and points at the stairs. Joshua (Ricky) and Olivia (Nini) look at each other one more time before moving forward and to the stairs.

"Cut! This isn't going to take long at all," he mumbled to himself. "Josh, your take was perfect," he complimented. Joshua just turned red, not quite knowing what that meant.

They went through that a few more times to make sure they got everything. After it was all completed, Tim said that that was it for the day since today felt oddly long.

Everyone went to their trailers to change back into their regular clothes. Each person took different amounts of time, so it always varied who was out first. Olivia came out fast, which was surprising, but she didn't make it too far from her trailer when she heard a noise. "Psst. Psst!!" Down the way, she saw Joe's head peeking out of his trailer door.

"Joe?" she wondered, approaching his door. "What are you-?"

"Sh!" He grabbed her wrist and yanked her inside.

"Ow!" she semi-yelled, rubbing her wrist.

"Sorry."

"Uh, ok? What are you doing?"

"Liv, I'm freaking out."

"Yeah, I can see that. Why though?"

He started biting his fingernails. "I almost asked out Frankie," he blurted, talking as fast as possible on purpose.

"You what!?"

"Sh!!" he hissed, quickly putting his other hand over her mouth. "These walls are thin!" he whisper shouted. He took his hand away and put his head in his hands, leaning his shoulder against the door.

"Ok, tell me what happened," she said gently.

"Ok, um... I don't know!" he groaned. "We were just talking during the break, and I said four words before realizing what was coming out. Four words! That was such a close call."

"Why'd you stop?"

"Because I still don't know."

Olivia already knew what he was talking about since they have had this conversation before. "I say go for it," she encouraged.

"What? Why?"

"I see the way you two are with each other. It's like a match made in heaven."

Joe felt his face grow hot. To take some attention off of him, he said, "Yeah? And what about you? Today was interesting to witness."

"Well, at least your situation has a chance."

"Yours does too!" he insisted.

"Yeah, well, I don't think so."

"Oh come on! The way you two looked at each other today was incredible. It truly was that classic Disney look."

"Joey, that was just for the camera. We were told to."

"Mmm..." He squinted his eyes at her. "That has no bearing on your meaning behind it all. You two literally look at each other like you're the only ones in the room."

"Two things: one, you and Frankie do the same thing; two, it was scripted!"

They heard a bunch of doors open at once, which meant that the others were ready. The two left the tiny trailer and met up with the others. Larry came out of his trailer as they were passing it. "Hey, guys," he greeted with a wave.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"I have a question," he began. "Well, two technically since you are two people. But I guess it could just be worded into one too," he rambled.

"What is it?" Olivia asked.

"Oh yeah, right. You two really like Frankie and Josh?"

The blond and brunette immediately went wide-eyed and hushed him. "How do you know that?" Joe asked.

"Who told you?" Olivia added.

"Ok, first off, it's quite obvious to anyone with eyes; second, the trailer walls are thin."

Right... he's directly next to Joe. "Please don't tell anyone," Olivia begged.

"Don't worry; I won't. Who would I tell?"

The two look at him like he's crazy. "We are a cast of eleven," Joe said. "And that's just the main people!"

"Ok, ok, point taken. But don't worry; nobody else will hear it from me."

"You guys coming or what!?" Frankie yelled from the parking lot.

The three picked up their pace and continued, thinking about whatever has just happened in the last twenty-ish minutes.

🍪🍪🍪

Ok, so after some planning, this is both fortunate and unfortunate news: I have a small idea when I'm going to start my season two rewrite (yay!); the tiny downside to that is that I will only begin writing it after this one is completed (boo!). The reason is that I have two books (that follow a schedule) out right now and want to focus on them for the time being.

If I add another book with an actual schedule, then it'll take time away from my current two, and since I've been having writer's block on both of them recently, I don't think adding something else to my plate right now is the wisest decision.

I will keep my promise of writing it, but I can not say when it will begin or be posted.