50 | A Billion Sorrys

It's chapter 50!! 🥳

When I was first planning out this book, I didn't think it'd be this long😅. We still have a long journey ahead of us!

For hitting 50, here's this video:

Louis killed the solo; he looks so confident, especially when he's telling them to turn him up.

🍪🍪🍪

It's been a few weeks since the accident. Despite rewatching the footage over and over again, none of them could make out any faces. Matt has since been released from the hospital and immediately started filming again. They were way behind schedule, but Tim still offered to change the scenes around, so Matt could rest more, but he said he wanted to just keep the original schedule as much as possible; he didn't want to focus on the crash, so his solution was to invest all (at least most) of him into the show. It definitely wasn't the healthiest way to cope with the incident, but it was working.

Joshua and Matt were struggling to get over what had happened. After the first few nights, they thought they could just put this behind them until there was proof of a specific person. They continuously had nightmares, waking up in cold sweats and seeing silhouettes of people that weren't really there. They've shown up to set so many times with bags under their eyes that it was starting to become concerning. Matt even freaked out once when he saw a mannequin in the shadows around the corner.

There was also more security when they were working, which was both relieving and intimidating; they looked like statues.

Joshua's car wasn't beyond repair, but it was going to take many weeks before he could drive it again; at least it was recoverable.

At this point, they've finished almost all the scenes from episode three that had to be skipped before as well as some from episode four. There was just one left.

"I'm in the kitchen, EJ!" Julia (Ashlyn) shouts, twirling a pen around her fingers.

Matt (EJ) jumps onto the kitchen island with his phone, asking, "Uncle Dennis and Aunt Debbie aren't home, right? I don't really want an audience for this."

"Uh, thank you?"

"No, you know what I mean." He takes a deep, nervous breath. "Ok, you ready?"

"I'm just impressed you wrote a whole song."

"Yeah, it's got metaphors and everything."

"Well, I'm proud of you. Sing from the heart."

"Here goes," he breathes. He hits play, and the intro starts.

Before you go and make that face you make when you're mad at me
So mad at me
Let me say it's not my place going through your voicemail and your history
And if this were a TV show, you know I'd have to go and plead insanity
'Cause the lyin' and spyin' and pryin' isn't really my personality
I'm an idiot for taking your phone

This is my fault, my bad
If I said a million sorrys, how about a billion sorrys? Oooh
You shine just like the stars, and I'm not even a nightlight
'Cause what I did wasn't so bright
I'm really sorry

He grabs her hand and leads her to a chair in the living room.

Girl...

Matt (EJ) clears his throat and kneels in front of Julia (Ashlyn).