100 | Confession

Holy shit... we made it!!

I can't believe it... There are actually 100 chapters of this book. That number just seems absolutely insane.

Never did I ever imagine writing this much for one book. It's a crazy feeling typing out those three digits when beginning to write the next chapter. I didn't think I would be able to hit 100 way back when, but I think somewhere in the 80s I was like oh... this could very well happen.

If you've stuck around for this long... thank you; I don't know how.

I'm so thankful to have randomly stumbled upon this site (not kidding about the random part either lol); it has given me one of my favorite hobbies that I feel has helped my sanity so much. Writing allows me to do what I, when I want without any pressure of deadlines (excluding writer's block phases lol) or fear of anyone 'grading' what I put out.

I've said this before, but it is so very true.

This is a top song for me and figured it would be a nice choice for this milestone:

Now, let's get on with the story. I now present... chapter... 100🥳

🍪🍪🍪

One by one, the cast trickled out of their trailers, waiting until all of them were out before beginning to walk to East High together. "Has it hit you guys yet?" Joe asked.

"Um... kind of," Julia mumbled.

"Don't you dare make my makeup run now," Sofia half-joked, looking at the sky and fanning her face a little.

"We can all have a cry session when this is over," Joshua said, throwing his arms around Matt and Frankie who were the closest people to him.

"A collective cry. Perfect theater kid conclusion," Olivia said.

"What did you expect?" Larry chuckled.

"Yeah, I can't imagine a better ending," Dara added.

"Eek!" Frankie squealed. "Don't make me cry yet!"

They continued to joke and laugh about their time together so far, unbelievably grateful for whatever had granted them this opportunity. The thought of wrapping the show was still on the surface, having yet to properly sink in yet.

When they made it back to the gym, two microphones were waiting for Matt and Olivia. "Are you two ready?" Tim asked.

They looked at each and said, "Yup."

They were thankful that the first few times time they were shooting this was just with the cast watching and not the live audience; that would be shot later, but because this take was just with the cast and crew that everyone has grown so fond of, it felt way more emotional and personal, even if they had to do this again for different angles and in front of real people to have shots of students' reactions.

This scene was only Joshua, Sofia, Olivia, and Matt, so the others were standing off to the side, so they could still watch.

"Ready?!" Tim called. The pair both peek around the curtain and give him a thumbs up. "And action!"

The lights dimmed, and out came Olivia and Matt from either side to the center of the stage. They meet in the middle, and he brings the mic up to his face, singing the opening lines to Breaking Free: