25 | Elevator

I recently put out a More Nonsense chapter called Driver's License pt 3; it's my reaction to Olivia's Instagram live right after drivers license was officially released. There's also other stuff on there related to the drama.

CAN WE PLEASE STOP HATING ON JOSHUA FOR NO REASON!!!

🍪🍪🍪

Joshua
The elevator begins to shake a little; we stop moving; the screen stops on three. I hit the fifth-floor button a few times before giving up.

"Do you think we could force the doors open?" Ethan asks, thinking out loud.

"We can try." We both put our hands on opposite doors and pull. "Great, we're between floors." We didn't get them that far open but enough to see we're in between the third and fourth floor. "I'm gonna call Tim and see if he can get someone to get us out," I say. After a few tries, the call never goes through. Great, there's little to no signal. "Maybe Matt," I mutter to myself.

"Hello?" His voice is very staticky.

"Matt, we're trapped in the first elevator. Can you get someone to get us out? Matt!?" I looked at the screen and the call was cut. "I can't get a signal in here. Can you?"

Ethan gets his phone out and tries to call someone. After a few tries, he says, "Nope, nothing."

"Great," I whisper. I go into one of the corners and just sit with my head against the wall.

"Hey, while we're in here, can I ask you something?" he asks. I look at him, and he looks kind of embarrassed.

"Uh, sure. What about?"

"This is gonna sound stupid, but I should just say it while it's on my mind." He pauses, and it seems as though he's trying to find the best way to say this. "DoyoulikeOlivia?" he asks in one breath.

"What? All I heard was something about Olivia," I say.

He sighs and mumbles, "Do you like Olivia?"

Olivia
"Where is Ethan?" I ask myself. Josh hasn't come back yet, so I'm hoping the time I spend with Ethan will distract me from the fact that he looked like he was dying earlier. Plus, I haven't spent time with him in person in a while.

 Plus, I haven't spent time with him in person in a while

Ok, that's weird. Maybe a text message will work.

 Maybe a text message will work