66 | Similar

This is a super last-minute title as well as a very quickly written chapter since I realized I hadn't quite finished it yet. Prepare for worse quality👍

🍪🍪🍪

Julia and Larry went off into a classroom to practice the number while everyone else helped Dara to a seat. "Thanks," Dara said as Olivia helped her to sit down.

"What luck we have, right?" Olivia semi-joked.

"Yeah," she agreed, "I hate that I can't be in the dance anymore though."

Joshua came over to them with a chair to elevate Dara's leg. "I, uh, couldn't find any pillows, but I stole a chair from one of the classrooms."

"Thanks," she said, grunting when lifting her leg.

"What do you think happened?" he asked.

"I don't know. I guess I just stepped wrong."

They nod understandingly. "Do you think we'll be able to get everything done on time?" Joshua wonders.

"I hope so," Dara said.

"It's similar to starting all over," Olivia added. "I mean, most of us know the dance, but all the footage so far is now useless."

"I have faith in Larry," Joshua said positively.

"I do too," Dara agreed, "but learning it in minutes is a lot to ask."

"I think we still have at least another day, so there is a little more time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok, so just watch me first," Julia said.

She did the first few steps to the beginning of the dance slowly. Larry nodded when she finished and tried to do the same. "Was that it?"

"Close." She redoes it, and he watches her carefully then mimics. "Better."

"This is taking too long," Larry complained.

"Hey, it's no easy task. It took us weeks before getting it."

"Exactly. Weeks. I don't have weeks; I have a day at most."

Julia felt bad for him; it wasn't fair, but they were out of options. "C'mon, let's get back to it." She nudges him a little, and he smiles. "Ready?" He nodded.

Meanwhile, everyone else stayed in the cafeteria, going over the dance themselves. Dara carefully massaged her ankle, and people would check on her every now and then and ask if she needed anything. "I'm good," she continued to say.

Elsewhere, Olivia had snuck off to a classroom to work on her song for herself. This whole thing with Ethan was driving her crazy, which it technically shouldn't anymore after so long, but she wanted to put it on paper, or at least her phone notes, and just let everything go.

She didn't have a piano or any other instrument with her, and she wasn't going to do this in the bomb shelter for fear that someone might overhear. She definitely wasn't going to ask Joshua to borrow his guitar; it's not that he would say no but more on the side that he'd ask why since there was no real reason for it.

She opted for going through past recordings and seeing what she could do with those.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joshua was sitting on the side, looking through his phone as a distraction. Those dream images of the cast all looking like ghosts were lingering at the front of his mind, and he didn't know how to ignore them. Maybe he shouldn't ignore them?