77 | Episode Eight

Olivia was up earlier than she would've liked. Not by choice obviously. She was thinking about the little performance later. What scared her was that she actually wasn't nervous.

She guessed it was just because she was so eager for the others to hear the song... or maybe it was because she was anticipating another long day of filming.

She decided to go ahead and get up and start getting ready for the day. She brought her script with her to the bathroom and set it on the counter as she prepared for the day, reading it over once again while she brushed her teeth.

As she quickly skimmed the pages for Nini's name to double-check that she knew most of her scenes, she nearly spat out the toothpaste when she made it almost to the end. She was supposed to lean in and almost (almost) kiss Ricky. Another almost-kiss... with Joshua.

She had somehow completely forgotten about that part of the episode. God, this is going to be so awkward. She doesn't remember feeling uncomfortable after the one for episode four though; she does however remember Joshua coming up to her after asking how she felt.

Because she was now aware of her feelings though, Olivia was more anxious. She thought this one was a little more intimate though; she was expected to put her hand on his neck, and both of their characters were supposed to lean in. Plus, it was also after Ricky and Nini sort of reminisced about their lives together.

Olivia hoped she could remain professional after the scene was over. It's not like she should be freaking out anyway; the kiss was going to be interrupted, and if they were to genuinely kiss... she would most likely lose all self-control and completely embarrass herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they arrived at East High for the first few scenes of the day, Olivia and Joshua went up to Tim to ask him about their song. "When do you want us to perform it?" Olivia asked.

"Oh, I thought you changed your mind about today?"

"Well, it doesn't have to be today, but we're just, uh, asking?"

"Um, ok. Well... could you do it today?"

They looked at each other. "Uh, would we have a few minutes beforehand to practice?"

"Yes, of course."

"Then... sure," they jinxed.

"Great!" he cheered. "You can do it right after we get all the scenes here done; there are only a few. Where would you like to do it?"

"Um, the theater is fine," Joshua said.

"Well, we kind of have to make it look like it burned down though, so you might want to pick a different place. Just so you don't have to worry about knocking into any props or something else."

"The cafeteria then?"

"Perfect! I can't wait to see it."

Tim walked and left the other two in shock. "What did we just sign up for?" Olivia asked.

"Uh... good question. I think we're ready though, yeah?"

"Sure... I hope."

"It's after filming, so we have some time to prepare ourselves."

"Yeah. Yeah, this will all be fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They each took a spot surrounding the cafeteria tables. Olivia, Joe, and Frankie were standing in an odd little three-way hug. "Ok, guys!" Kate (Miss Jenn) said, clapping her hands. "Wait, where's Gina?"