46 | Not Him

Ok, so I was thinking about this because it came up on my playlist, but I feel like they should've released Even When and The Best Part as separate songs first before the combination, so we could've appreciated the individual songs a little more as well as the mash-up. The solo songs sound so incomplete without the other, and I think that's because we heard the duet first.

🍪🍪🍪

She walks with her head down, 'thinking through' what just happened. "Hey! Nini!" Olivia (Nini) hears him but keeps walking.

"I have to say something to you." Joshua (Ricky) has finally caught up with her, forcing her to stop. "I know we're not a couple anymore, kay; I get that; you've been very clear. But... I thought there was a little trust left between us, you know? I thought that I still meant something to you."

"I just can't do this right now," she says.

"Fine, kay? But next time I... spill my guts out to you in a voicemail, do me a favor and keep it to yourself. I don't need to be hearing from EJ that it's wrong and stupid."

She squints her eyes in confusion. "Wait, what voicemail?"

"What do you mean?"

"You heard this from EJ?" She looks over at him with his water polo friends, and he smiles at her. Olivia (Nini) continues to glance between him and Joshua (Ricky) while he looks at her just as confused.

"Cut! Let's get that makeup off you then we'll head back inside!" Tim shouts at Matt. "If you want to, you two can go work on your song some." The pair nod and thank him before running off into the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok, what if we did this?" He plays a few keys to test some things out.

"I like it." She writes down what he's just played. "But what about this?"

Joshua and Olivia were adding parts to their song on the piano in the bomb shelter. They felt like they've been working for hours, and to finally have a break was amazing; well, a break from filming at least. Luckily, they've been writing down ideas nonstop since they started.

"I'm just glad we're finally making some progress," Joshua laughs.

"Ok, sorry you two, but we need the space to practice the next scene," Tim says, walking in. The next scene is supposed to be Gina's dance routine she's designed for Taylor. They were going to practice it a few times before actually starting.

"No big deal," Olivia says, gathering their few papers and her phone. Joshua grabs his guitar and follows her out of the room as Sofia, Frankie, Kate, and the dancers come in the room.

Right before they leave, Sofia pulls on Olivia's arm and whispers, "Don't disappear on us; you're in this scene."

Olivia blushes a bit and mutters, "Shut it; just text when you need us," before following Joshua into the hallway.

"Where to?" he asks.

"I think I know the perfect place."

*Somewhere not in Utah*
"Good news: we're one step closer to having the money?"

They all groan, growing impatient. "Why did I agree to this?" someone mumbles.

"Hey, you're in too deep at this point to back out!!"

"But it's so boring now."

"Ok, what do you want to do to entertain yourself?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~