92 | Single-Handedly

Posted another one-shot on Sunday just because. If you haven't seen it yet, go check it out!!

And yes, the note at the bottom is long, but it pertains to the storyline.

🍪🍪🍪

The cast was on a break right now, but Tim was still working; he had an early meeting today about the season as a whole. Since they had just completed episode eight, they needed to begin planning if they were going to have to go back and fix or change any scenes of the completed episodes since they were so close to the end.

The producer made his way into the room where they had their table reads, already seeing the rest of the team there.

It was a rather boring meeting since all it really involved was rereading the scripts and rewatching episode footage. Eventually, the topic of the season soundtrack came up; most of the music by this point had already been chosen as they were so close to finishing, but the question was still there.

"So," Caroline Garity began, one of the people dealing with the music, "are we all in agreement with the music for the remaining episodes?" Everyone else in the room nodded their heads. "Great. Tim?" That knocked him out of his daydream. "I wanted to run something by you and get your opinion on it."

"Uh, ok."

"What if we go back to when Nini first broke up with EJ and put a song in there? I'm not sure when though."

"Um, ok, that could work. I'll have to work out placement if we really do go through with that. Did you have any sort of style in mind?"

"Well, kind of. Here, I saw this video on Instagram and thought it could go like this."

She placed her phone in front of him, and he played the video. It was a short one-minute video of Olivia singing some song, most likely at her house on a piano. Half of her face wasn't visible, yet she could be heard very clearly. Tim didn't recognize the lyrics so assumed it was an original of some sort.

"This sounds great," he said. "But what's the point of it?"

"I think we should have a song like it. What do you think?"

"Uh, yeah, that could work." Gears were turning in his head. "If we put it at the end of an episode, it would be a nice finisher."

"Perfect!" she cheered. "The writers and I will get on it as soon as possible." She stood and began gathering her belongings before Tim cut her off.

"Wait, what? What do you mean?"

"Hmm? I'm afraid I don't understand the question."

"Why are you and the others going to start on the song?"

"Because we're nearing the end of the season and need ample time to complete it," she said in a questioning tone.

Tim shrugged, still not seeing her logic. "Well... why don't we skip a step and just, you know... have Olivia write it. That is her video, and if you want to base this new song off of her and have it from her character's point of view, why not just ask her?"

"Tim, I don't know."

"Oh, come on!" he urged. "She and Josh already wrote one for the show, and everyone loved it. Plus, it was so great that you didn't even know it was by them! I'm sure she could write something just as good by herself."

"But it's on such short notice. Do you think she could do it in time?"

"I'm sure of it," he said confidently. "Plus, since she is the character, that means the lyrics would be much more accurate to what Nini is feeling."