23 | Help

This is the rest of what the original chapter 22 was (well, most of it. The beginning of the next chapter [only a small bit of it] is the whole thing). I just thought all this together was too long

Yet another long author's note at the end (bit of an essay😅). PLEASE READ. It addresses what happened last week

🍪🍪🍪

Olivia

"Ethan!" I shout

"Ethan!" I shout. His head whips around, and he starts walking towards me.

"Hey, baby," he says, kissing my temple. "What are we doing?"

"Are you ok with joining us at Yellowfinn? It's a sushi place Sofia found."

"Yeah, sounds good. I haven't eaten in hours."

"That's all you ever do," I tease.

"Well excuse me for enjoying food."

"How long are you here for?"

"Until Sunday." Today was Friday.

"Really? You're leaving the 17th," I whine.

"I'm sorry. It was the only way I could work around my schedule." At least he tried.

Joshua
*Yellowfinn*
I just texted Clarie because I need someone else to complain to. Olivia is great and so easy to talk to, but I don't want to burden her too much.

"There's the happy couple," Sofia said... I think. I wasn't really paying attention.

I can hear Ethan and Olivia sit next to me (Olivia in between us), but I'm too focused on my phone to pay any attention.

C'mon, Clarie, answer.

"Josh!"

I look up and see Matt and Joe staring at me. "What?"

"We've been saying your name for the last thirty seconds. What do you want to eat?"

"Uhh... just get me anything. I'm not picky."

I set my phone on the table facing up and just stared at it for at least five minutes.

*Ten Minutes of Staring Later*
"Josh! Josh!!"

"Here, let me do it." I can see Frankie in my peripheral vision get out of his chair, but I'm not focusing on that right now.

About ten seconds later, something hits me in the face. "Dude!" I say loud enough for just our table to hear. "What was that for?" I was rubbing my eyes while looking around. Frankie's standing next to me with his napkin at his side.

"The food's been here for ten minutes, and you haven't even glanced at it," he says.

"Oh, sorry." I take some of the sushi and put it on my plate. I really need to get what happened earlier off my chest to someone who's used to my drama.