24 | Suspicious

Matt
I start Josh's car and go as fast as I can to the apartments. "Matt? When did you get here?"

I look at him like he's crazy. Which, at this point, he probably is. "What do you mean? I've been here the whole time."

"I thought Joe was... was, um... helping."

"No, you're just delirious." I guess that means improvement. At least he knows who I am.

"I'm gonna be honest... I don't know what's happening right now."

"Well, that makes two of us."

"No, I mean..." He tries to sit up but struggles.

"Hey, take it easy. We're almost at the apartments," I say.

"This feeling of complete and utter exhaustion has never happened. Normally it's a little break down where I'm thinking too much. This right now feels so much worse."

"Do you need a doctor?" I'm 99% sure he does.

"No, I think I'll be fine." The fuck?!? There's no way.

"We're here." I turn around, and he somehow looks worse.

I get out and help him out of the car. We start walking towards the elevator, and he's not even walking in a straight line. "Dude, you're walking like drunks in movies."

"I feel so out of it right now," he slurs.

"Trust me, you look like it too."

We make it to the elevator, and he's surprisingly in one piece. He leans against the handrail the whole way up.

"C'mon, the doors have opened." I put his arm over my shoulder again. I can tell he's trying not to put his weight on me but doesn't have the strength to avoid it.

"Here's... here's my room key."

I quickly get his room door open, and we get as far as the couch before I lose my grip on him.

I go to get him back up, thinking a bed would be more comfortable, but he stops me. "I'm fine here. Just don't tell anyone else about this yet. I don't need them worrying over nothing."

"You're joking, right? This is not 'nothing'. You look like you're on the verge of death!"

"I'll be fine. Just go get them before they get too suspicious."

"I'm sure it's too late for that."

"Was Olivia the other person with us? I could hear her, but my vision wasn't the clearest."

"Oh, so you can kind of see her, but you call me Joe? Well, I now know who your favorite is." I smirk a little because, even when he's delirious, Josh still manages to register Olivia's face.

"Shut it, you know what I mean."

"Yeah, she was."

I hear him groan while I'm putting his food in the fridge. "I hate that I bothered her again."

"Dude! If you don't stop beating yourself up, I will! None of us mind to help you. You're not bugging us. You needed the help."