9 | What Happened?

⬆One of my favorite moments⬆

Unrelated to this book, go check out my newest Nonsense chapter (One Shots). I really need help with it.

🍪🍪🍪

Olivia
We had split back into our hiking groups, and we were all still screaming Josh's name. The longer we stay out here, the higher my anxiety rises.

"JOSH!!?" I yell again.

"Hey, you ok?" I feel an arm come around me. It was Sofia.

"I'm just worried that something bad happened to him."

"We'll find him. The area's not that big, so it should take too long."

"I certainly hope so," I tell her as tears begin to form.

Sofia
I can't believe how stupid he is. That's all I have to say.

Matt
"This is all my fault," I whisper.

"No, we shouldn't have let him go off on his own. He's like a 3-year-old in a toy store," Joe says.

"Thanks, but I still blame myself."

"There's no reason to," Julia said.

"Yeah, I'm the one who ran after him."

"Uh huh, and he's the dumbass who ran off in the first place," Dara said. "Don't worry, we'll find him."

"Yeah and, when we do, we're putting him on a leash," Julia says.

"Ok, let's keep going."

Joshua
I woke up very groggy and with a headache. I opened my eyes and realized I had a blindfold on. I try to move, but I think I'm tied to a tree.

"Well, look who's awake," a man's voice said.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I ask as I struggle to loosen myself.

"Relax, we're near your hiking trail. You've barely moved." I didn't recognize who it was, but they had a very deep voice.

"MATT!!! DARA!!! JU-!!!" I scream.

"Pipe down, would ya?" he says. That's when he hits me with something. I can feel blood running down my face.

"What do you want with me?" I ask, trying not to let my voice break.

"Easy, my boss wants-" he's cut off by a voice.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!!!" I hear the figure run off and my hands are untied. The blindfold is taken off, and I'm face to face with Matt.

"Hey hey, stay with me, ok?" he says, shaking me. My eyes are half open trying to adjust to the light. My hands come up and start rubbing my wrists.

"Who- who was that?" My headache was getting worse with the light.

"I don't know, they were wearing all black. Can you walk?" He puts one of my arms over his shoulder, and I put the other one against a tree.

"Yeah, I- I think so." I was really struggling to focus.

"Here." He gave me his water bottle, and I down it almost instantly.

"You really didn't see his face?" I ask him.

"No, they had a white mask and all-black clothes. How do you know it was a he?"

"Their voice was ridiculously deep. I'm gonna try to stand on my own now."