79 | Page 53

Is that really the title I went with? Yes, yes it is.

🍪🍪🍪

Tim split up the workload, so one of their other directors, Joanna Kerns, was going to film Joshua and Olivia while he did the ones that took place on the stage.

"You guys wait out here until you're cue while we set up," Joanna instructed. The two nodded while she and two camera people went into the small storage room.

Olivia was picking at her nails, the anticipation of this scene eating away at her. "Are you ok?" Joshua asked her.

She looked up at him. "Mhm, why?"

"You just seem a little nervous," he chuckled.

"It's nothing," she mumbled, cheeks turning rosy.

"It's clearly something."

Right, because I'm just gonna come right out and say that I kind of like you and have to lean in for half a kiss. "You don't have to worry about me." She felt like her confidence in holding this conversation was slipping. She was no longer looking him in the eyes.

She saw his feet move closer to her. He gently grabbed her hands, so she would stop picking at her fingernails. "You know you can always talk to me," he said delicately. Joshua could tell she was anxious; he assumed it had something to do with the scene.

She still wasn't looking at him. "I know."

"Please look at me." Is it the scene? He obviously knew what was about to happen; he was nervous himself because he was afraid of making her feel awkward or uncomfortable. There was some reassurance in the fact that they've done this before for episode four, and that was more awkward for him because he was supposed to lean in while she backed away.

Is it because she initiates it? Nini and Ricky are supposed to both lean in, but maybe it was just weird for her for some reason.

Thankfully for Olivia, Joanna came out and told them what their next direction was: "Just wait here until I call action, ok?" she nodded, and Joshua gave her a thumbs up. The door shut again, and it was only a few seconds later that they heard, "Action!"

The pair go into the now-dark walk-in closet. "Yikes, this place is not creepy at all," Olivia (Nini) muttered, sweeping her flashlight around the room.

"Right?" Joshua (Ricky) hit the light switch next to the door, making the room a bit brighter.

"Wow," she mumbled.

"Yeah." They both slowly continue walking forward. "So, how you been?" he asked.

"Fine," she answered in a higher pitch than her regular speaking voice. "And you?"

"I'm ok." They continue walking into the room, him behind her. "Look, about the other night at Ashlyn's party-"

"Oh, no, it's totally fine; I get it."

"You do?"

"Yeah," she shrugged. "I mean, I said something nice; you acted like a punk," she said, setting her script and flashlight down on the piano and revealing the keys. "What is there to discuss?" She ended with playing a random note.

"Cool, then we don't have to talk at all."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Mmm." A second later, he added something else: "For the record, you're the one who called me your buddy," he pointed out, "and I've been iced out for weeks, so maybe it was building up." She only nodded along. "And that's that on that."