22 | Talk

For those that don't know, I've had a book called 3 Years out for about a month now. If you would check it out, that'd be greatly appreciated😁

🍪🍪🍪

Joshua
I've gotta get out. I need to get out. I just need to stop thinking and breathe for a minute.

Olivia
We've split off into pairs, looking for Josh. I have no idea where he could've gone. "Josh!?" Matt yells.

"C'mon, let's check the trailers," I say.

"But Larry already looked in his trailer. All that was there was his phone."

"He might be around there though."

"Hey, babe. You're done filming already?" I turn around and Ethan's standing there.

"Uh... no. Josh has gone missing. Have you seen him?"

He shakes his head. "Nope, sorry. I'll keep an eye out though."

"Let's check some more classrooms then," I tell Matt. We turn around and run back inside.

Joshua
"Stop, stop, just stop talking," I whisper to myself. I can hear the whole conversation in my head right now. I put my hands in my hair out of frustration and look at the ground.

"Shut up!!" I'm literally screaming at nothing right now. I probably look crazy. I know I look crazy.

*Fifteen Minutes Earlier*
We just finished filming the cafeteria scenes, which is such a relief. "Hey, I'm gonna go ahead and head to my trailer. Text me when we're shooting again," I tell Larry. He nods and goes back on his phone.

I quickly get my clothes for the next scene and go to my trailer. I get changed and grab my guitar because this is the scene after the auditions. I was hoping to sing I Think I Kinda, You Know today, but some stuff needs to be set up in the auditorium first.

That cafeteria scene was far too close to home. I know it's just acting, but... I don't know. I feel like I need to take a breather for a second.

As I'm walking back to the hallway we're shooting in, something stops me. I don't know what it was, but I just stopped. I didn't go to set but instead down another hallway. My legs had a mind of their own.

In a matter of minutes, I'm outside and on the roof of the school. I go over to a bench, put my guitar down, and just sit. Sit and think.

3rd POV
(Olivia | Joshua)

Where is he?

Matt and Olivia have been searching for another five minutes with no luck. The group chat hasn't said anything yet either. "Maybe we should also split. Cover more ground," Matt says.

"Ok, I'll start over here," she says.

Olivia goes up a stairwell and hears something that sounds like footsteps. "Josh?"

She turns the corner and runs into Sofia. "Oh my god, you ok?" Sofia asks while laughing since they crashed straight into each other.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Any luck?"

Sofia shakes her head. "No, I swear we've checked every square inch of this place."

"I don't know anymore, text when you find him."

"Same to you. See you in a minute."

"Bye." They part ways, and the search continues.

Olivia comes across yet another set of stairs. Hmm... I thought the school only had two floors. She walks up them, and there's a set of double doors at the top. Weird. The doors are harder to open than the others, but once she gets them open, she hears a voice.