74 | High School Musical: The Choosical

Joshua was up at five am; following advice from his therapist, he was trying to meditate early in the morning, and that meant being awake before everyone else to avoid distractions.

He took a blanket with him and went out onto the tiny balcony of his apartment. The cold kept him awake, so he wouldn't be tempted to go back to sleep, and the blanket was so he wouldn't completely freeze.

He had already thought about the dangers of this, being alone outside at five in the morning when it was pitch black dark out. The benefits seemed to outweigh the cons though: if something happened, there were plenty of people in this building that would be notified if he screamed; the tiny balcony meant that there was a small chance that anyone would be able to sneak up behind him, even from inside the apartment with every door locked; and they lived on the fifth floor, which meant that if anyone was coming, he'd surely notice them before they could do anything.

There were very few cars passing, and crickets were chirping loudly. Joshua closed his eyes and just listened to the noises, not wanting to think about anything unless he had to.

He sat like this for a good while until the cold began getting to him. When he went inside, he could hear one of his other snooze alarms going off from his bedroom. Crap, I had completely forgotten about that one. He rushed into the other room to turn it off since he didn't want to accidentally wake anyone up; there was a very small chance of that happening since he was the first apartment after the elevator, but it was rather loud since he was never good at waking up to alarms.

After it went off, he realized that that meant the time was 6:00; he had somehow lasted for about an hour. Let's get the day started then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once everyone arrived on set, they all grabbed breakfast from craft services. Sofia went up to Olivia and asked, "How's the song coming along?"

"Um, it's going." She saw Joshua out of the corner of her eye eating a breakfast burrito. "It's really about the same," she admits.

"What do you think is holding you back?"

She shrugged. "I don't know." Maybe a change of scenery would help.

"Have you shared this with anyone else?"

"Uh, no. I don't really want to," she explained shyly. She didn't really want anyone else's opinion. Sofia wasn't going to say much about the song itself since writing songs wasn't exactly in her wheelhouse.

"Well, let me know when you think of something." She lightly rubs Olivia's shoulder as she walks away.

What to do; oh, what... to... do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were beginning the next scene: it was when Ricky and Gina arrived together at Ashlyn's house.

The front door opened and in walked Joshua (Ricky). "Hey," Olivia (Nini) greeted, standing up from the stairs, "look who's here." He chuckled a little upon seeing her. "Nice hat." Why does he actually look kinda adorable?

"Thanks. It was a gift," he said, taking it off. "I didn't know if you'd make it."

The curls are cuter when messy. "Ah, yeah, my moms are watching the dog competition, and, uh, Kourtney's out of town with her grandma, so I figured I'd come and check in on all my, uh... buddies."

"Nice. We, uh, heard a rumor that Carlos," he said, pointing to the living room, "went off the deep end, and we did not want to miss it."

"We?" Olivia (Nini) questioned.