53 | What I've Been Looking For

One year ago tomorrow marks the day that I released the first chapter of this book🥳🥳

Never in a million years would I have predicted that I would've actually put something on here, let alone something that ended up being over a year's worth of work.

If you've stuck around for this long, how? Just... Just how?

I would've put the chapter out on the actual day (July 28), but unfortunately, tomorrow's a Wednesday.

For the celebratory video, I couldn't figure out what to put but ended up choosing this:

It's a masterpiece.

🍪🍪🍪

"Can I get you to move a little closer to each other?" Kate (Miss Jenn) asks. Olivia (Nini) and Matt (EJ) look at each other, then she moves barely one step over. "Little more," she encourages. Matt (EJ) looks at her and moves across the stage. "Come on, guys, we're blocking this as a love story, not a SARS epidemic."

"I think that chair was over there," Frankie (Carlos) points out.

"Oh, I can, uh, I can move it over in the scene," Olivia (Nini) says, picking it up.

"Feels awkward," Kate (Miss Jenn) comments.

"No, it's light; I can lift it above my head and walk."

"Sweetie, no one is walking with furniture on their head; this isn't The Lion King." She looks down at Larry (Big Red) and quietly says, "Strike the chair please."

"With what?" he questions.

"Take it away. Remove it."

He whispers, "Oh," and goes to do so.

"Troy, once the intro begins, cross downstage and plant yourself at the piano, which should be further downstage, ok?" She directs that last part at Larry (Big Red) and points at the piano. He begins to push it but is interrupted when Kate (Miss Jenn) points out, "No, dear, that would be upstage." She clicks her tongue, and he moves to the other side of the piano.

She turns her attention away from him and says, "Gabriella, you slowly approach the piano and rest an arm on it... naturally." Olivia (Nini) nods slightly at her. "Can we make sure her bookbag is off stage right?" Kate (Miss Jenn) directs at Larry (Big Red).

"Sure, um..." He turns to Joe (Seb) and whispers, "Which way is that?" He gives him a small smile and points.

"Cut!" Olivia quickly runs off set to go join Joshua. She had given him her phone to re-listen to their recordings so far and figure out how they can make a song from what they have. Joshua was disappointed because he lost a few voice memos along with his phone, but he and Olivia shared almost every single one with each other, so it's not like they lost too much.

"Hey, any luck- wait, I thought your arm hurt?" Olivia finds Joshua sitting on a desk in another classroom across the hall, but he was playing his guitar.

"Oh, it does, but I still wanted to try." His arm was much better by now, but moving it in certain ways still felt weird for some reason.

"Please don't overdo it."

He makes a cheeky smile and says, "I don't think we can 'overdo' a song."

She glares at him. "That's not what I meant, and you know it."