69 | Change

Please don't be a silent reader (I'm also guilty); I like to hear feedback. I mentioned this in 3 Years a little while ago too.

🍪🍪🍪

After the iHop trip, they were on a sugar high. Joshua started to sing Truth, Justice and Songs in Our Key, and everyone else joined in, and the scream-singing continued down the street with the windows down.

Once they made it back to the apartments, they had to calm down to avoid disturbing anyone else in the building. They slowly walked inside and held their hands over their mouths to hold the laughter in.

They said their goodnights and goodbyes quietly before walking into their respective apartments. Joshua went into his bedroom before coming up with a strange and possibly stupid idea. There's no harm in trying.

He went into his closet and grabbed a few blankets. He tucked them under his arms and began walking to the door. On his way there, he remembers his conjoining door with Olivia was unlocked; they don't keep the doors open but trust each other enough to not lock them.

Joshua knocked on the door a couple of times assuming she wasn't asleep but got no answer. He slowly opened it and didn't hear anything.

"Liv?" he called. No answer. This made him a little nervous; they had only just arrived back at the apartments though. What if something somehow happened in the five seconds we've been here? He didn't need to be too loud; it's not like they lived in some grand mansion where people had to scream to draw attention to themselves.

He walks farther into her apartment, repeating her name. Eventually, he makes it to her closed bedroom door where he hears water running on the other side. See, I'm being ridiculous. "Liv?" he said again.

He hears the water turn off, and footsteps approach the door. It opens, and Olivia's standing there with her eyebrow raised. "Yes? What are you doing here?"

"Well... I was bored and was wondering if you were tired."

"I mean, not really. It's not like there's a reason to stay up though." Her eyes fell to the blankets he had under his arms.

"So you're saying you won't be asleep for a while?"

"Uh, I guess. Why?"

"Because I have an idea and want you to come with me?"

"Where are we going?"

"Just put on something warm and trust me."

"Josh, it's almost three in the morning though," she reasoned, leaning on the door frame.

"Is that a yes or no?"

Olivia clicked her tongue. She knew she'd just be laying in bed for a while without actually sleeping; going with Joshua though would just guarantee that she won't be sleeping for a while. A long while. "What are we doing?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my god, are you insane?!"

He shrugged. "Depends on how you look at it."

Joshua had brought Olivia up to their building's roof. He wasn't kidding when he said she needed to wear something warm. "It's freezing up here!" she whispered and scolded.

"That's what these are for," he explained, gesturing to the blankets. She outstretched an arm and gladly took one from him, throwing it around her shoulders. Joshua wrapped the second around himself and laid the other on the ground.