102 | Basement

Today was it: it was the final day of filming. They were back in Big Red's basement, right where the series began back in February. There was never a dry eye in between takes, someone always shedding a tear before having to go back to work.

Tim had given everyone a new script because he wanted to add one more scene to episode six, and just reading the dialogue made everyone want to burst into tears

The scene began with just Ricky and Big Red, and everyone else slowly trickled in. Once the whole cast had gradually made their way to their spots around the room, the real tear-jerking began; well, almost. "This is a terrible party. There aren't even pretzels." Alexis (Natalie) commented. "What are we all doing here?"

"We all ended up in the same basement after a really bad day," Julia (Ashlyn) stated, "so someone should say something."

"Fine, I'll say something," Frankie (Carlos) volunteered. "I'm mad at Miss Jenn."

"Why?" Sofia (Gina) questioned. "Because she's got a couple skeletons in her closet?"

"No... because she's giving up. She was the first teacher to not see me as a punchline. And now she's not even a real teacher?"

"Define 'real teacher,'" Julia (Ashlyn) said.

"He's got a point," Dara (Kourtney) added.

"Does he though?" Alexis (Natalie) wondered.

"Guys," Larry (Big Red) interjected.

"So why are we all here then?" Alexis (Natalie) asked again.

"Yeah, good question," Matt (EJ) agreed. "This is a waste of time."

"Honestly... because she gave me a shot," Frankie (Carlos) answered. "And it's been a long time since someone gave me a shot."

"Yeah," Joe (Seb) said gently, rubbing his thigh.

"She gave me a voice," Olivia (Nini) chimed in.

"Yeah," Dara (Kourtney). "And now nobody's gonna get to hear it because Miss Jenn screwed up."

"Ok, does anyone here actually care if her past is a little bit sketchy?" Julia (Ashlyn) asked. "Anyone?"

"I do," Joshua (Ricky) said after a moment of silence.

"Seriously, dude?" Larry (Big Red) questioned.

"What? Because you live some perfect life?" Dara (Kourtney) spat.

"Not at all," he said. "Because... she put our show in jeopardy. And now we're all here, maybe for the last time t- together." Joshua could feel the tears building behind his eyes. "And for some of us..." He looked down at the floor and wiped his eyes, mumbling, "Shit."

"Cut!" Everyone else began to gradually join in the cry fest, red faces and tears rolling.

Olivia went over to Joshua and slipped in front of him, wrapping her arms around his chest. "Hey, you ok?" she whispered.

He returned the hug, holding her tightly and sniffling. "I'm not ready," he muttered. "I'm not ready for this to be over."

"I know. None of us are."

"I'm... I'm not r- ready... I'm ready to say goodbye."

She held him tighter, rubbing his back and whispering, "This isn't goodbye. It's just until we meet again and get to continue doing this." He nodded against her and held on tighter.

"Again with the makeup, y'all!" Dara screeched, fanning her face.

They had to take a quick five-minute break because nobody could stop themselves. Once everyone had settled and their makeup was touched up, they began to do the take again. This scene was taking longer than any of the others (probably combined). With each take, a different person would stutter over their lines and start a cry session.