51 | Scared

Once again, a very last-minute title😅

🍪🍪🍪

"iHop? Your grand plan was iHop?" Matt questions when they hop out of their cars in the parking lot.

"Yes," Julia answers simply.

"Perfect."

"C'mon, I'm starving!" Frankie declares, walking in.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Joshua asks, going up to Matt.

"Fine. Physically anyway. I'm sure these pancakes will help," he chuckles.

"I've watched that security footage more times than I can count. That license plate number nor those people's faces become any clearer."

"You know doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane, right?"

"Yeah, well, I'm not doing it again for a while."

"You finally deleted the file?"

"What? No, of course not. I gave Liv my laptop."

"So instead of just erasing the file, you gave the entire device away?"

"Don't say it like that because then I'll end up asking for it back."

The pair are the last ones to go into the restaurant as they continue to talk about the crash. "Chill out with it a little," Matt tells him.

"How can you be so calm about this?!" he whisper yells.

"I'm not; I'm panicking on the inside. But I don't want to think about it any longer, kay?" he says, frustrated and sitting at a table.

Joshua stands there confused for a second before joining them. The subject changed, and they were just laughing about their day. "That was one of my favorite scenes by far," Julia laughs.

"I'm pretty sure I was slowly losing my voice," Matt said. Joshua just doesn't understand how Matt seems completely unfazed now by the crash. It wasn't too long ago that they were both equally terrified and freaked out; now, it seemed as if he was the only one thinking about that day.

A waiter comes by and takes their orders while the conversation of nonsense continues. "What do you guys want to do later?" Larry asked.

"We'll just choose someone's apartment to stay in," Dara said. Their food arrives a few minutes later, and everyone digs in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I said it first!"

"Did not!"

They were currently playing a game of guess the song on YouTube on the TV in Joshua's apartment, and it was... something else. The problem with game nights was that the competitive spirits were sometimes too much. "I said the answer first!" Julia shouted.

"You did not!" Sofia yelled back.

"What if you both get a point?" Larry suggests.

"No!" they both yell.

"Our poor neighbors," Olivia mumbles.

"Rock, paper, scissors, yeah? Winner takes the point," Joshua says.

"Deal."

"Fine." Julia won. "Ha, add another one to my name!"

"Whatever," Sofia scoffs, jokingly rolling her eyes.

"What's the score now?" Frankie asks.

"Um." Joe grabs his phone and reads off the names. "Josh: three; Liv: four; Larry: one; Julia: three; Sofia: two; Frankie: one; Dara: one; Matt: zero; and me: three." Despite having played for a while, the point system is a little slower when there are nine people.