88 | Stillness

It's been a week since they had finished up at the El Rey. Luckily, there was no real reason for them to go back there anymore now that all the scenes were finished; they just had to hope that no retakes were needed.

Eventually, the test results came back from that white gas. The fire department was absolutely no help; they couldn't identify what it was. Well, not completely at least; melatonin and anesthesia were mixed with some other stuff, yet those two substances were the only recognizable ones.

They were beginning episode nine today, which everyone was incredibly excited about since it was the episode Joshua and Olivia's song was going to be in. They didn't yet know how, but the important thing to focus on was that it was happening.

For the beginning of shooting, they were going to do all the scenes that needed to be at East High then go to the actual sets.

Joshua, Olivia, and Kate had the first scenes of the day, so everyone else got to sleep in a little later. The pair dragged themselves out of their apartments against their will.

Olivia was in Joshua's gray hoodie and leggings and had her hair up in a quick messy bun with no makeup. She had been wearing that hoodie more often now; it was comfortable and smelled like him.

Joshua blushed when he saw her walk out in his hoodie; he found her whole outfit adorable, but the fact that she wore his clothes did something else to him.

He was in another one of his thousands of sweatshirts that he owned that were all the same, the only difference being their color.

Olivia loved the way his hair flopped over with a few curls falling to his forehead. It was kind of amusing to watch them slowly become messier and more disorganized as the day went on; it was like they had a mind of their own. Maybe his brain is really his hair.

She must have yawned a good twenty times on their way down to the parking lot and Joshua's car. He chortled to himself as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes and slowly opened the passenger door.

When Joshua sat down, he immediately grabbed the aux cord. "Ha! Finally beat you to it."

That woke Olivia up. "Hey, not fair," she whined. "It's too early for this."

"It's 6:30."

"Exactly what I said."

He just chuckled and plugged his phone in. Olivia jumped the slightest when she heard Kiwi by Harry Styles start playing. He thought the spook was cute. "Figured this would be the best way to wake you up," he explained, backing out of the parking lot.

She smiled at him before starting to sing along. "Yup. Nothing like a song full of screaming to start the day off."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they arrived, Joshua almost fell asleep in the makeup chair; Olivia had to shake him awake. After that quick detour and changing into their outfits for the day, they went to the hallway just outside the East High gym doors to begin the first scene.

It started with Miss Jenn coming through the doors and taking in the setup of the gym as the cafeteria. She stood there looking at all the seats and the set before being interrupted.

Joshua (Ricky) came through the doors. "Sorry!" he said quite loudly. "Didn't mean to startle you," he apologized.

"Ricky, you're really early."

"I know. I just... didn't know what to do with myself all afternoon."

"Let me guess: opening night jitters?"

"Ah, it's just... a lot. My mom's coming tonight... and I've technically never been in a musical before so."

"I understand the stress you're under. All I can tell you is what my director told me the night somebody sneezed a blueberry muffin onto the stage during a regional production of South Pacific: use it."