The question-Chapter 27

Previously in chapter 26

Chris opened the door and Alice slumped into the car. While Chris was driving back home he looked to his left , and saw that Alice was fast asleep.

So he kissed her on her forehead and whispered "sweet dreams doll".

He then continued to drive to her house and then he grabbed Alice bridal style. He found her keys to the door in her bag and opened the door. He then played her into her bed and he tucked her in.

Instead of Chris leaving, he lay down on her sofa and fell asleep.

Now Chapter 27

When Alice woke up she was shocked to enter her living room and see that Chris was lying asleep on her sofa.

He started to stir in his sleep and Alice was about to make some coffee. When Alice flicked the switch on the coffee machine, she heard Chris say "hey Alice you up?" Yes Alice replied back to Chris.

Then Chris proceeded to get up off the sofa , and as he did Alice smiled to herself , thinking of how nicely treated she was by Chris , it was almost like she was back with frank.

When Chris walked into the kitchen he surprisingly caught Alice off guard when he placed his arms lovingly around Alice's waist, by him doing this it made Alice gasp and say " Chris you made me jump, you have got cold hands".

Chris chuckled and apologised for surprising alice. Once the coffee was poured in the mugs , Alice and Chris sat down on the sofa that Chris had slept the night on. When they had sat down, Alice's knee and Chris's knee were touching, Alice giggled at the slightly childish contact she was sharing with chris.

Alice and Chris hadn't changed that much physical contact but even an outsider could tell that their love language was physical touch. Alice enjoyed the occasional hand caressing her thigh, the hand holding, the kisses on the hand, the kisses on the cheek or once in a blue moon and actual kisses.

Chris was also enjoying the limited physical touch he received from Alice like a hit on the shoulder when they sat together and he made her laugh , or the kisses she gave him or the im tired hug . All physical contact they both had made them both incredibly happy . so much so that alice had not spoken (text) frank in a couple weeks.

To be honest he was not the one on her mind twenty four-seven. Chris was . Alice was also on Chris's mind. They both just needed that certain tiny push from someone , the only problem was that they had separate friends and they were all scattered across the world.

Once they had finished their morning coffee and chats, Chris decided to ask if Alice wanted to go on a run with him before they go back to his for a movie day and maybe just maybe Chris would pick up the courage to tell Alice how he truly felt about her.

Alice had agreed to go on the run with chris. Even though now she was ,massively regretting that decision as she ran up a steep hill with not much puff keeping her going. When Alice had reached the middle of the hill she stopped to catch her breathe before she took a gigantic glug of water. Chris looked down from the top of the hill and laughed and pulled faces at Alice as she was taking a breather.

Instead of standing there and waiting , Chris decided to run alongside Alice to encourage her like the gentleman he is.

While they were running up the hill alice stopped and lifted her arm up and pointed at a random spot and said to chris "omg , is that what i think it is" once chris was looking in the direction alice had pointed in , alice made a ran for it up the hill and when she had reached the top she shouted " im at the top and you not , whos the winner now" when alice said the last part of the sentence she felt like a little child all over again.

Chris chuckled and shouted up "Technically I'm the winner , as i was there first but i suppose we can draw just this once , maybe you should up your game and you might actually win one day".

Alice was pretending to be hurt , by placing her right hand over her heart. When Chris and Alice were both at the top of the hill they carried on the run as a walk.

The afternoon sun shone faintly as the large rain clouds started to move in an orderly queue forming a darkness in the atmosphere. Once Alice and Chris had arrived at Chris's house , they were both greeted lovingly by Dodger (Chris's dog).

Alice had not known Dodger for very long but she knew she would have to treat Dodger like he was Chris's actual son. Alice had no problem with that as she could already tell that dodger was one of the dogs that would cuddle with you no matter what mood.

While Alice and Dodger were playing on the rug in the living room , Chris had sneaked off to give himself a pep talk so that he would be able to talk to Alice and tell her how he actually felt. He was gone for nearly forty minutes , Alice grew with concern. So she went to investigate. That's when she saw him sitting in the bathtub , with his knees hugged up to his chest and he was sweating profusely.

Alice had no idea how or what was happening to Chris and she felt very sympathetic towards him.

That's when chris nervously and very quietly said "its an anxiety attack , i'll be ok in a bit , could you maybe just sit on the edge of the bathtub and hold my hand please" . Alice nodded as she didnt want to say anything in case that made it worse , she did sit herself down on the edge of the bathtub and breathed in and out slowly with chris. They ended up sitting in the bathroom for about another twenty or so minutes. Chris then felt incredibly embarrassed at the fact that Alice had caught him having a panic attack.

Alice now felt incredibly close to Chris as she had experienced something similar to Chris before in the past. Once Chris felt much better they moved to the living room where Dodger was laid on waiting for the two people to reappear, dodger excitedly wagging his tail at the appearance of his dad and the woman with him.

When the sat down dodger rolled over so he was laying on his back , with his legs draped across Alice's legs. Chris then informed alice that dodger was expecting a belly rub from alice as this was dodgers night routine with chris.

While alice was rubbing dodgers stomach , chris coughed to get alice's attention , once her full focus was on chris he leant over dodger and grabbed alice's left hand. With his left hand he rubbed alice's palm while saying "alice, ever since i met you on the plane , i've found myself again, i've been a hundred times better that what i was. I strongly believe we were supposed to meet on the plane. Im very thankful for that plane ride actually"- he chuckled in between the sentence before carrying on by saying "Alice i've loved hanging out with you and i've enjoyed the physical contact we have had with each other and i would really love it if we could maybe become boyfriend and girlfriend , as i dont know how long i could be friends with you before i accidentally kiss you"

"Alice will you be my girlfriend?" asked Chris