Two Days till the Wedding -Chapter37

Alice was suddenly awoken by the urge to throw up her remains of her stomach. That's was a great way to start the morning thought Alice.

Her legs were hugging the toliet while she bent down on her knees and leant forward to throw up directly into the toilet.

While Alice heaved and grunted in disgust, Frank had obviously heard Alice and came running into the en suite and he sat down behind Alice and rubbed his hand up and down Alice's back in a soothing manner.

Alice had taken a large breathe of air, and began  throwing up immediately again , Frank grabbed a hold of her hair and make a makeshift ponytail so that sick wasn't distributed into Alice's clean hair.

"It's ok bubs , let it all out then we can relax and sleep." Frank said to Alice while stroking her head.

"I just want it to go away" Alice said to frank while being on the verge of crying.

Frank repeatedly said " I know".

Frank hated to see Alice in pain and seeing her like this made him wonder if she was pregnant.

It would be a joy to them if she was but they also wouldn't mind if she wasn't.

They loved each other.

After forty-five long draining minutes Alice had noting left in her system to get rid off.

Frank held on to Alice as he picked her up of the cold tiled floor and moved her to the counter by the sick.  That's when be brought her a glass of cold water to her mouth and she drank it,  then he placed toothpaste on the toothbrush and helped Alice to brush her teeth.

Once she had cleaned out her mouth, Frank tucked her in bed so that she was warm and informed Alice that he was going downstairs to make some toast.

When the bedroom door shut , Alice let the waterworks begin.

Alice questioned herself and her body.

When she heard footsteps coming up the stairs , she tried to stop crying but her body wouldn't let her.

Frank saw the vulnerable state she was in and engulfed her with a massive hug.

Once they had hugged and Alice had calmed down, Frank rang the doctors surgery and asked to book an appointment.

Frank was cautious as it was so close to the wedding , he wanted to make sure that what Alice had wasn't contagious.

While Frank was on the phone in the guest bedroom, Alice had shaped the duvet into a burrito shape and feel asleep.

Six pm was the only close appointment available , so Frank took it . When he went to go inside the bedroom he saw alice tucked up in bed and hated to disturb her so he went back downstairs.

For several hours Frank kept himself occupied from , watching funny videos, working out , facetiming his sister,  cleaning the kitchen and other adult stuff.

When Frank checked the time he saw that it was 4:50pm , Alice was in desperate for a shower before they left.

So Frank went upstairs and carefully awoke Alice.

"Mmmm, why do I have to get up?" Alice questioned Frank,  as she had fallen into a deep slumber and did not want to get out of it as she was dreaming of meeting her idol- Chris evans.

"Beacause... I made you have a doctor's appointment so we can finally understand what's wrong with you. I'm concerned bubs, as its so close to the wedding." Frank said in a saddened voice.

In alice's mind, she knew exactly what was wrong with her but she couldn't bring herself to tell him.

Alice knew that her mum had struggled with conceiving, so she didn't want to get their hopes up.

"Let's get you showered and freshly showered , then we can get some food and go to the doctors." Frank said while getting a freshly washed towel for alice.

After twenty minutes Alice had finally showered and got on some yoga pants and one of Frank's hoodies on. As she felt at ease with it on.

Alice did not have fun memories of hospitals and in general disliked them a lot.

"Come on then doll, otherwise we will be late, the sooner we get there the quicker we can come home." Frank said as he tried to persuade Alice that it wasn't a big deal.

Alice's head was filled with questions that neither of them had the answers to. Frank was reversing into a car park space and when he looked out of the wing mirror on Alice's side of the car, he saw that Alice was fiddling with her gold rings-only a habit she had picked up when she was anxious or panicky.

Frank leant over and placed his right hand on her left thigh and moved it up and down in a slow motion, one of the many coping methods that worked for Alice.

Even though Frank had his hand on her thigh, Alice's breathing was still heaving and raspy. Frank felt bad and upset for Alice, he wished that they could find out what was wrong with Alice without so many anxious techniques.

"Let's go in." Frank said Alice did not respond , but did get up out of the seat and car. She walked over to Frank and placed her arms around Frank's body and placed her head on his chest. Listening to the heartbeat was calming.

Frank adored Alice.

Their love was very different to the people's love around them.

After ten good minutes, they made their way into the reception of the doctor's surgery. They had signed in and were told to sit and wait for their names to be called.

Alice tried to occupy herself , by answering emails from work and messaging her teaching assistant to find out if she could teach the entire week in which Alice should be on her honeymoon.

"Miss Cooper '' The automated voice called out in the waiting room.

Alice got up and picked up her phone and grabbed Frank's hand tightly before walking into the room where a nurse was waiting for them.

"Hello you too, How are we today?" The nurse asked before introducing herself- Cassandra.

"Hi, well i've not been able to keep food in my system for a few days and we both thought it was food poisoning as i ate a gone off curry, but then it carried on for a bit longer and as we are getting married soon we are very concerned." Alice said.

Cassandra congratulated her before saying "Well there is a diagnosis that springs to mind , but if you can we have to move to the room a bit further down the corridor. Then we shall draw some blood to test and do an ultrasound."

"Blood tests?" Alice said in a panicky voice. Frank looked at Alice and kissed her head , "it's going to be ok , i'm here and i'll always be here" Frank said trying to persuade Alice that she will be ok.

After a few minutes , Alice was asked to sit on a bed and roll up the hoodie so her lower stomach was on show.

"Right, i'm just going to apply some cool gel and then we will bring the picture scream up" Said Cassandra.

After forty five minutes in the room, Alice and Frank finally left the doctor's surgery . When they walked out the sky was pitch black, Frank checked his watch and gasped it was nearly Ten pm.

They both got in the car and drove to Mcdonalds and ordered late dinner.

The wedding was now a day away.

AUTHORS NOTES

- Hi hope you enjoyed this chapter. I had written it out longer than this , but i was so stupid and pressed Cut instead of Copy so i had to re-write it.

Next chapter is the Wedding it's going to be incredibly long.