The birth- Chapter 41

As Alice crouched down she felt a sticky wet liquid trickle down her thighs and legs. 

"Frank, come here please. " Alice demanded him.

Frank dropped everything immediately and ran towards the crying voice. 

"I think it's happening!" Alice said as she tried to calm herself down but couldn't stop her crying.

Frank ran into their bedroom and grabbed the hospital bags and a suitcase they had packed way before. 

Frank then lifted Alice up from the floor and called his sister while he carried Alice out to the car. 

Frank politely asked Jess if she could grab Wanda and wait until Brad had been born to come and see her nephew. 

Jess politely agreed and wished Alice her best luck.

The drive to the hospital was going smoothly until the traffic started to slowly build up. Thankfully, as if God was on their side , it calmed down. 

Alice was coping amazingly in Frank's eyes, while Frank was reversing into the parking spot, Alice had a really painful contraction, she couldn't help but grab ahold of the door handle as well as Frank's hand. 

"You're doing so well , my love. Let's get you into the room and we can meet Brad." Frank said, trying to calm and soothe his wife. 

The hospital door swung wide open automatically, Frank was holding all the bags on his left shoulder while his right arm used a stress pole for Alice while she was contracting.

"Hello, anyone available as my wife is in labour and would like to be seen as soon as possible please." Frank announced to him and Alice how they needed to have some help.

The nearest nurse came to them and offered a wheelchair to Alice and she accepted and sat down while all the doctors and nurses approached the delivery room.

Frank was busy sorting out Alice's nightgown that was what she was wearing while she wanted to give birth. 

"Babe, can you please come and lay behind me so that I can lay on your chest and breathe while Brad is making his way to our world." Alice said while she shuffled forward on the bed. 

"I'm coming bubs, I'll take off my shirt so it's like skin to skin contact". Frank said while lifting his shirt over his head. 

Over several long exhausting minutes,Alice was getting really restless . Frank noticed, and he started to play with her hair,  immediately Alice's head dropped back as she fell asleep on Frank's chest. 

While Alice was taking a very needed nap, her ob gyn came in and checked where Brad was and what needed to be done. 

An hour or so later, Alice awoke and saw Frank and her mum having a conversation about how he could help her through the birthing stage. 

"Hello my love, are you feeling ok?" Frank asked softly while kissing Alice's forehead.

"As good as I can be , I believe. How long till the hard work needs to be done." Alice while laughing as she tried to make light of a situation.

"Doctor B said you have approximately 50 minutes." Frank said. 

Fifty minutes passed. 

"Ow" "ow" "ow" Alice screamed as she was in pain. 

"Ohh bubba I feel for you but I know you can do this as you are an incredibly strong woman and I love and look up to you for it. " franks words of wisdom made a beaming smile come from Alice's red puffy sticky face.

"Wow! Here is little Brad." The midwife exclaimed. 

The midwife passed Brad over to Alice who was now sobbing her heart out as she had received so much loving pleasure. 

"Ohh hello pretty boy, it's mummy and daddy. " Alice cooed over her newly born son. 

Frank kissed Alice and smiled at his son. 

Wow.  Both Alice and Frank were speechless when they saw little baby Brad. 

After Brad had been introduced to his large and loving family. 

Alice was told she had to stay overnight , so Frank carefully slid into the gap on the bed where Alice was laying with her chest freely out so that Brad could have more skin to skin contact. 

While Brad was lying on Alice's chest,  she was admiring his appearance. He had Brown curly locks that had got to be inherited from his father. 

He had a small but obvious button nose from Alice, and many adorable facial expressions.

Alice sighed, which made Frank turn his head in confusion.

"Why the sigh bubs?" He asked her 

"I just feel full. I feel like I have a huge purpose. I felt the most pleasure when I saw Brad on my chest. Don't even get me started on your face, it was a loving sight to see." Alice said while covering her chest so that Brad could have cuddles with Frank. 

Frank gave Alice a huge passionate loving kiss. 

Alice had to use the bathroom and due to Brad's way of getting out she needed someone to come to the bathroom with her and she picked her mum Josie to help.

Josie came into the bathroom with her and smiled. 

"My gorgeous girl, now a mother, I couldn't be more proud. How do you feel downstairs?" Josie asked while laughing as she described her daughter's reproductive organs as downstairs.

"Aww thank you mum, it means a lot. Ok stings to wee and my hips feel a bit stiff but apart from that I'm ok." Alice said while she slowly got up off the toilet. 

The aftercare room began to darken as daylight became limited. 

It wasn't until Alice had shut her eyes for some peaceful sleep that Brad began to get hungry. 

Alice had chosen to breastfeed Brad but as her body was recovering from birth,  she was yet able to produce the right amount of milk via a breast pump.

So she had to wake up to try to get Brad to latch on to her nipple. 

They succeeded and Alice kissed Brad's head as she was so happy.

After Brad had finished, Frank came over to his crib and rocked him in his arms by the widow where the moonlight was shown. 

Alice awed at the sight as she felt herself yawn. 

"Go to sleep my love." Frank said, still standing by the window. 

"I'm trying" Alice responded before she moved the blanket upwards onto her body. 

Frank was blissfully happy to say the least. 

A wife, best friend, dog, son and so much love. 

Alice was over the moon. 

It was everything she had wanted and more.