Gender Reveal- Chapter 40

After ten days, Alice and Frank returned home after their memorable honeymoon.

Jess knew that Alice was about to find out the gender of the baby in two days. 

Frank had a rugby practice match at the same time as the appointment. So, Jess asked Alice if she could join her. 

Alice had agreed and so Jess wanted to know the gender so that she could host a little gender reveal party. 

"Are you ready?" Jess asked Alice before getting back in the car ready to drive her to the doctors office. 

"Yep, they are very active this morning and I didnt get much sleep last night" Alice said as she yawned.

"Oh bless you my love. What do you hope it is?" Jess asked as she drove off the driveway. 

"I really don't mind, as long as they are healthy." Alice said while looking behind her seat and saw her niece and nephew. 

"Aww. You put them in matching outfits!" Alice said , then she grabbed her phone and captured the cuteness in a picture. 

Frank had messaged her to wish her good luck and how much he was missing her. 

"Can I just say that I never thought that my little brother would be such a big Teddy bear to someone, but I'm very thankful that you found him and that he found you. 

'"Who's your midwife?" Jess asked as she reversed into the car parking space. 

"Cassandra summer, I believe her name is?" Alice said while getting out of the car. 

Alice winced as she got up from the car. 

"You alright??" Jess asked concerningly.

"I'm ok, I think I jolted them as I moved up too quickly" Alice said. 

Alice checked in at the reception, then they both sat in the waiting room. 

"Mrs gardener, please come to room four." The automatic machine voiced throughout the building. 

Alice and Jess immediately got up and walked their way to room four. When they knocked on the door,  Miss Summer did not answer the door. It was a male doctor.

"Hello Mrs. Gardener, I'm Dr. Thrombe,  I'm covering Miss. Summers appointments today as she called in sick. 

"Ah that makes sense, this is my sister in law as my husband couldn't make it so she came along with me. " Alice said. 

"Right, OK,  let's get you set up." The doctor said as he pointed to the bed. 

Alice layed down on the bed and moved forward a bit so that her uterus and stomach was on show. 

The cold gel was placed on her shown skin.

"Baby looks all healthy and large, it's a good sign don't worry. Now, would you like to know the gender of your baby?" Asked Doctor thrombe. 

"That's great to hear. With the gender , Jess wants to host a gender reveal so can you show her the gender and place it in an envelope so that I can't see it. " Alice said as she looked at Jess for reassurance. 

" ok , then let's do this," Said Doctor thrombe. 

Alice had a blindfold and placed that over her eyes so that she couldn't see the gender. 

However, while the doctor was looking at the baby's gender. She heard a squeal of excitement come from her sister in law. 

Alice laughed as she had know idea what the gender was and why Jess had reacted in such a way.