vii

[ chapter 7 ]

september 15, 2020
3:30 p.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

My debut album was just about complete. Track wise, at least. I still had no clue what I wanted to title the album, but I did have my chosen tracks for it.

1. don't [By: Ed Sheeran]
2. freaks [By: Surf Curse]
3. heart shaped box [By: Nirvana]
4. get you (feat. Kali Uchis) [By: Daniel Caesar & Kali Uchis]
5. heartbreak anniversary [By: Giveon]
6. like i want you (feat. Giveon) [By: Giveon]
7. on the loose (interlude) [By: Niall Horan]
8. invisible chains (feat. lauren jauregui) [By: Lauren Jauregui]
9. the less i know the better [By: Tame Impala]
10. senorita (feat. Camila Cabello) [By: Camila Cabello & Shawn Mendes]
11. rehab (winter in paris) [By: Brent Faiyaz]
12. peaches (feat. Justin Bieber, Giveon) [By: Justin Bieber, Giveon, Daniel Caesar]
13. what you heard [By: Sonder]
DELUXE:
14. Save Your Tears (feat. Ariana Grande) [By: The Weeknd & Ariana Grande)
15. all the stars (feat. SZA) [By: Kendrick Lamar & SZA]
16. take you down [By: Chris Brown]
17. acquainted [By: The Weeknd]

Yeah, a big ass album.

Now, I know we all see Ariana and I's song on there. I was hesitant, to say the least. But the second my label heard the song, they practically said it NEEDED to be on there or I wasn't making an album.

Bullshit, but it's whatever.

So, I put it on the deluxe instead. My label and manager had to get in contact with hers but they all agreed so I decided to let them. Of course, with the exception of it going on the add-on version.

So many amazing artists REQUESTED to work with me on my album and honestly it was such an amazing feeling. Like, one that I've never experienced before.

I've only ever released an EP under my own name and not as just the songwriter; so this debut album is really gonna be a whole other experience on it's own.

"Y/n! Do you not hear somebody calling you?" Dean, my brother, barged into my room to glare at me. I could tell the ringing must've woken him up. I laughed at his pissed off expression.

That's when I noticed my phone was indeed ringing. Off the charts. "My bad bro, go to bed." He sneered and basically slammed the door shut. I shook my head and grabbed my phone, turning down the volume a bit.

I was about to answer, when it hung up.

i must've taken too long

Not even a second later, it was ringing again. I sighed, held it up to my face, and gasped at the caller ID.

ariana.

I had a mini panic attack, to be honest. Should I answer? Should I not? What's it about? What if she's in trouble? It's probably just about the album.

I answered anyways, putting the phone up to my ear. "Hello?" I spoke into the phone, only slightly still hesitant.

"Y-Y/n? Thank God you answered. I know we're not . . on the best foot right now but I'd really appreciate it if you came and got me. I'm... I-I'm scared." Her voice was wavering all throughout her sentences, and it seemed like she had been crying.