xxvii

[ chapter 27 ]

february 14, 2021
8:32 p.m
buffalo, new york

- - - - -

I heard the beep of the oven whilst I double checked everything. I grinned, the delicious smell overcoming my senses.

I quickly rushed into the kitchen and opened the oven. The lasagna looked amazing and I don't even like vegan food. I can only imagine how good it'll taste like.

I grabbed the heat protectant gloves and pulled the lasagna out of the oven. I then grabbed two white plates and cut a piece out for the both of us. Not huge but a good size.

I then placed the lasagna back into the oven, along with the two plates, and turned the oven off. Luckily, Ariana should be finishing up right now and the oven will still be hot enough to keep it warm till we get back.

I also opened the fridge, noting where the salad and dessert is so it's easy for me to grab.

Now it's time to get her.

I grabbed my phone and wallet before dipping out of the bus. I heard a lot of screaming even from outside; which meant this was the last few seconds of her show or it's already over. I'm hoping it's the first one.

When I tell you I ran, I fucking ran into the venue. All the way to the stage, where I probably looked like I ran around the entire venue multiple times.

"Baby?" I turned my head, a fresh-off-the-stage Ariana Grande standing there in all her glory. She had a layer of sweat on her body, her ponytail still extraordinary even though some strands were stuck to her skin like the gorgeous tattoos on her slender, manicured hands and fingers.

"Bellissima," I smiled, watching as the woman's face lit up and she ran towards me. As usual, she jumped on me and I caught her. We shared a heavy kiss before she pulled back with furrowed eyebrows.

"Why weren't you watching?" She asked cutely, seeming very confused and a little sad. I internally awed.

"You're about to find out. Go get ready, you have a surprise to attend to." That sad, confused look on her face and in her pretty brown eyes completely vanished and a wide, dimply smile replaced it.

"Fuck yes, okay!" I laughed, helping her down. That's the Ari I know.

Victoria and Courtney ran with Ariana to her dressing room, I could only imagine their little gossip in there while she changed. I turned to everyone else, dancers and all who already knew what was going on.

"Thank you guys so much for the help. It's beautiful in there." I smiled at Wallace, Zachary, Nonna, Joan, and Frankie since Ariana's two best friends left with her.

"And thank you to the rest for keeping it a secret." I winked jokingly. They laughed and nodded. I smiled and we all talked amongst each other until the three got back.

"Okayy," I turned to see my girlfriend now all cleaned up, makeup redone, and now dressed in a oversized black hoodie and grey sweatpants. And of course, her white crocs.

"You look adorable." I laughed, walking towards her and wrapping my arms around her waist. Ariana giggled and wrapped her own around my neck. "Thank you baby. We going now?" I nodded and she held my arm. My heart fluttered at the gesture.