xxviii

[ chapter 28 ]

march 16, 2021
1:30 p.m
indio, california

- - - - -

It's been a little over a month since everything with my dad and Valentine's went down. We recently traveled to Canada to do a couple shows and now we're back in America for another couple shows. We already have done our first; today is our last and then we go back to Canada for a total of, yes, another 2 shows.

Ariana and I have been doing amazing, I've never been closer with my best friends. Dean and I got over the whole situation with Y/d/n and are just enjoying traveling around with each other. He does have to leave soon though; after our last leg in the U.S before we go to Europe he's leaving.

I've surprisingly gotten very close with Normani. It started when she came up to me and we talked about our dads. Turns out, she originally had the same situation with him and decided to give him another chance. After that, we've always just talked and joked around with each other.

Mickey and Scootie like to keep their distance a lot, and I respect that. If it wasn't for Ariana being my girlfriend, I'd probably be the same way. I also feel like Michael thinks I don't fuck with him because of the 'Boyfriend' video; but I couldn't care less about that.

We weren't even together, I don't know why he's tripping. Maybe Dalton roughed him up or something. I don't know.

Anyways, I'm currently chilling in my 'room', writing some more music. On our trips to Canada, I've been doing that a lot lately. I didn't even realize that i've got almost a whole other album finished.

Maybe I could expose one. . .

"Y/nn," I looked up, seeing Normani standing there shyly. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion but I still set my lyric book down and gave her my attention.

"What's up?" I ask, tilting my head to the side. She takes another step forward and politely sits at the end of the bed.

"I-uh. . my manager just called me. I-I know I shouldn't ask this and I don't want this to seem weird but he told me to put a song out on tour and I don't have anything. I remember you telling me you had wrote some songs-" I cut her off, knowing exactly what she's trying to get at.

"Of course, Mani. Don't even worry about it." I chuckled at her nervousness and picked up the book. The beautiful melanin giggled lightly as I flipped through some pages. Of course, we wrote about two different genders so I was trying to find one that was easy to change in that aspect.

"Hm, I don't have any finished ones that you could really use, but look at this one I'm writing right now." I opened to my latest page and softly handed her the book. She smiled and thanked me as she took it.

I watched as she began to read it, finding a little melody and moving to it. Then, a bright smile broke out and she turned to look me in the eyes.

"It's perfect!" She exclaimed happily. I smiled in return, getting a little excited myself for her.

"Really? That's great. Do you wanna take it from there or I could finish it and let you know when?" She thought for a second, before shaking her head.

"Actually. . I want you on it."

~~~~~