xxii

(long chapter, just a warning 😭)

[ chapter 22 ]

february 10, 2021
9:30 a.m
in route to Albany, New York

- - - - -

Today is the first day of tour, and to say I'm excited is an understatement. Throughout the entirety of January it was nothing but dance and vocal rehearsals; along with promo with Ari.

Unfortunately, my girlfriend and I couldn't share the same bus. She had her friends joining her on tour; friends as in Courtney, Victoria, and Doug. Then she also had Joan, Frankie, and Nonna coming with too.

Anyways, that meant her bus is packed and I wasn't gonna ask her to ride with me instead of her friends and family, so I sucked it up.

I had Dean joining me for half of the American leg of the tour, and then he'd have to leave for the NBA. He was already in Albany, so he didn't have to ride with me. Which meant I had the whole tour bus to myself. For the most part.

Oh! Wallace and Zachary would be joining me too, but not until the second show in Boston; as that was where they currently stayed.

I had so much inspiration. I was in the very back of my tour bus, laying down on the big bed writing down lyric after lyric.

i thought that i was dreamin'
when you said you loved me
the start of nothin'
i had no chance to prepare

i couldn't see you comin'

the start of nothin', ooh
i could hate you, now
it's quite alright to hate me, now
when we both know that deep down

the feeling still deep down
is good

The bus came to an abrupt stop, I thought of it as nothing but a red light until I heard the vehicle fully turn off.

we must've arrived

This meant we were at the venue. I sighed and tucked away my lyric book, not forgetting to place the #2 pencil in the page's place.

This also meant I get to see my girl, and there's no better feeling than that.

I got up from the bed and quickly entered the living/kitchen area. "Hey, Y/nn! We're here, just on time." My bus driver, Carl, winked. I chuckled and nodded. "I can always count on you." He laughed as he exited through the bus doors. I was right behind him on that.

"Baby!" I turned to my right, seeing the woman who stole my heart sprinting towards me. I smiled, bracing myself for one of my favorite feelings of all time. She jumped and wrapped herself around me as I held her up by her ass.

her hugs

"Hey, bellissima." Her head swung back to look me in the eyes. Her golden pools were glowing in the early sun and she had a wide, blinding smile on her face.

"You know Italian?" I shrugged. "Barely. My great grandpa was Italian and my father inherited some of it. My foster parents continued 'the Italian legacy'. That's what they used to call me.." I shook off the memories and stared back into her brown eyes.