xxxvii

[ chapter 37 ]

august 24
10:11 a.m
amsterdam, netherlands

- - - - -

The next morning, Ariana and I immediately set up an appointment to find out for sure if she's pregnant or not. We would have it done here at the best fertility clinic they have.

I wasn't taking no chances.

And the appointment was at 2.

"Baby!" Ariana called for me from the shower. I answered with a simple "Yeah?".

"Can you come here?" She yelled and I sighed, getting up and walking into the bathroom. "What's up baby?" I asked, watching as her wet head popped out from the curtain.

"Shower with me," She pleaded, pouting. I chuckled. "Why?" I knew why, I just wanted her to say it. She rolled her eyes but that pout quickly turned into a smirk.

"Because I want you to fuck me before we have to devote our lives to this baby for 18+ years." I couldn't help but laugh at her response. Nonetheless, I began to strip from my clothes as she wolf whistled and cheered me on playfully. I laughed again.

But there was no laughing done the second I stepped in.

~~~~~

"Where are y'all going?" Frankie asked as we were seconds away from leaving the venue. Yes, sometimes we just chill in the dressing rooms. Plenty of free food, who wouldn't?

However, this drew all the attention to Ariana and I; so there was no way to get out of this.

"The nearest place to get coffee. The shit here isn't the best." The Italian quickly lied before I could. I looked down at her and smiled lightly.

"Oh, okay. Be safe." Joan smiled and we said our goodbyes and then left. I blew out a breath the second we were out of the venue. "I hate lying to your family." Ariana chuckled.

"Just think of it this way. I lied, not you."

We arrived at the clinic and my nerves were all over the place. My hands were shaking and my legs felt like Jello the closer we got to the front desk.

"Appointment for Ariana Grande and Y/n Y/l/n." The woman nodded and typed on her computer. "She should be out in just a moment. Please sit over there to wait." The raven-haired woman gave a kind smile. Her accent was thick but we still understood her.

"Thank you." I spoke returning the smile before leading Ariana and I over to the waiting area. We sat down next to each other and that's when I think she realized how anxious I really was.

"Baby, relax . . whatever happens, happens. I love you." She smiled softly at me. I returned it as best as I could, my chest feeling warm but I was still shaking.

"I love you too, bellissima. I'm just . . nervous. I want this baby," I blew out a breath. "I'd honestly be sad if that test ended up being wrong. ." The brunette placed her hand on my knee and stared into my eyes with love and adoration.

"It won't be. I know it," She looked down at her stomach. "And they do too." My smile widened impossibly and I pressed my lips on hers for a sweet kiss.

When we pulled apart, I heard a door open and my head immediately whipped into that direction.

"Ariana Grande and Y/n Y/l/n?" I jumped up, turning to help Ariana up too. She giggled. "I'm not that pregnant yet, baby. I got it." I laughed nervously and we walked hand in hand to the female doctor. She smiled warmly and lead us into the room.

"It's nice to see you two! I'm Dr. Williams and as I read here, you two believe you're expecting?" The woman asked as Ariana took a seat on the 'bed' and I sat on the chair nearest to it.

"Yes, ma'am." I nodded along with Ariana. She hummed and began to type on her computer. "Alright! Let's see." Dr. Williams reached behind her and grabbed a plastic cup with a lid. I thought for a second it looked like something you'd put Ketchup in.

"So, all you need to do is urinate in this. Then, I'll take it and run it through a couple of our machines and we should get the results in about 5-10 minutes!" We nodded and Ariana stood up, taking the cup.

"I love you!" She smiled at me over her shoulder and walked into the bathroom that was in here. Dr. Williams then turned to me.

"How long have you two been together, if you don't mind me asking?" She asked, leaning against the bed. I gave her a polite, toothless smile.

"10 months." I said proudly. We were two months away from our 1 year, and I planned to propose on our anniversary.

"Wow. That's amazing. I hope the results are what you two hope for." I thanked her and shot her a genuine smile this time. Ariana then came out and subtly handed the doctor her cup without me seeing. I chuckled. Ten whole months and she still acts all shy and sheepish.

"Alright, I'll be back when I've gotten the results." We thanked her and she left the room. I turned to Ariana and took a deep breath. The Italian seemed nervous.

"You okay?" I asked, placing a gentle hand on her knee in concern.

She nods. "Yeah, I. . I'm just nervous." She paused, and then blew out a breath. "If the results come out. . negative, you won't care, right? I mean, you will, but you won't leave me? I know I probably sound cra-" I stopped her with a small smile.

"Ari, pregnant or not I'd never leave you. I love you. We're in this together. Forever. No matter the circumstance." She stared into my eyes for a second and then smiled. "Forever?" She asked again, a shy smile.

"Forever."

~~~~~

Around 10 minutes later, the door opened. My heart was pounding in anticipation, and the doctor's emotionless expression wasn't helping.

"Well, we've recieved the results." Dr. Williams pulled a paper out of her coat pocket and opened it.

"You are not pregnant."

what?

__________________

sorry i had to hit yall with a plot twist AND a short chapter . i'll make up for it i swear ;) . much love, A