xxxxix

[ chapter 49 ]
- the new years massacre -

december 31
10:30 p.m
bronx, new york

- - - - -

"Shit, I can't believe we're doing this." Calvin spoke in a hushed tone. He seemed lost in his thoughts all morning. We had taken a nap and woke up around 9:00 PM to get ready. We met with this guy Calvin was talking about — his name's Dame — at 10:00 and now here we are driving to the warehouse.

I couldn't blame him, honestly. We all had something to lose and I couldn't get Ariana off my mind this whole time. The last thing I'd want is to break my promise to her.

I don't wanna break the promise made to myself.

"We got this. We got it all planned out . . we got this." It seemed like Astro was trying to convince himself more than give us comfort.

"We're here." Dame spoke for like the second time the whole time we've met him. To be fair, he did seem like the quiet kid at the very back corner of the classroom. No wonder Calvin knows him.

I looked up, noticing a dark, worn out warehouse with big letters of an old sign slowly deteriorating. A piece had dropped, alerting the two 'guards' who were standing nearby. I analyzed the group as much as I could while I saw them. No bulletproof vest, both holding what looks to be a classic Ak47 with a glock in the pistol holder on their hip.

Seemed pretty easy to me.

"Okay. I've already scoped the place. There's two snipers on guard at the two mountains beside us and there's two guards at the front. Which you can see. Calvin and I can take care of the snipers while you two get the ones at the front. We'll let you know if we see anything else from up there via the pieces in your ears. Got it?" Astro nodded but I just stared at him.

"Good. Let's go." We all slowly got out and I grabbed my own Ak. Astro had a silenced Mp40 and we both had two different types of pistols on our hips. Dame had the same as me and Calvin had the same as Astro.

I got out first and the others quickly followed. I made a B-line straight to the nearest covered path with Astro quick on my tail. I could see Dame and Calvin disperse to the separate mountains out of my peripherals.

please god let this go well

"Spotted the sniper. Firing." I heard some grunts follow but it was silent in the open air. I soon heard Calvin repeat those words. It was time for us.

I gestured at Astro to take the right one while I took the path for the left guard. Lucky for me, he had his back turned as he was looking around the back area of the warehouse. I took this as my chance.

"Left guard spotted. Firing." I spoke quietly before aiming my silenced Ak and taking the shot. He dropped to the floor in a flash.

Closed casket.

"Right guard. Gone." We were now in the clear.

"Cleared. Let's go to the entrance." I spoke again, moving swiftly to replace where the front guards had once been. Astro quickly joined me and it only took a few seconds for Calvin and Dame to join us.