xxxxvi

(not proofread so sorry in advance 😭)

[ chapter 46 ]

december 29
3:30 p.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

no, i've never done this before
never wanna do this again
wrong turn on a dusty road
i did it to myself, i can't pretend

"Who?" My eyebrows furrowed as I asked. Simultaneously, I was writing a song and on a 'business call' with Janet.

well, i learned just a little too late
good god, i must've been blind
'cause she got me for everything
everything, everything, alright

"Gucci Mane and Kodak Black. Both rappers who I think could definitely boost your publicity in more genres than you already have. Currently, you're on top of things in pop and R&B but we could easily move into alternative and even rap."

like my daddy, i'm a gambling man
never been afraid to roll the dice
but when i put my bet on her
lil' miss snake eyes ruined my life

"Janet, I love you, but one thing I will not do is get up on stage and try to fucking rap. Big no."

she better sleep with one eye open
better make sure to lock her doors
'cause once i get my hands on her
i'mma ooh

"That's not what I mean, you big dumbass! For example, the song Gucci's requesting you be on is a great step! Him and Kodak would be rapping, of course, and you'd have the chorus. Which would be singing, of course."

natalie, she ran away with all my money
and she did it for fun
natalie, she's probably out there thinkin' it's funny
tellin' everyone

"I don't know. I mean, if you really think it'd be good I'm willing but that's real out of my comfort zone." I spoke hesitantly.

well, i'm digging a ditch
for this gold diggin' bitch
watch out, she's quick
look out for a pretty lil' thing named

"I know it is, but you need that. Your career needs that. And yes, I do really think it'd be good. So, whaddya say? You in or nah?"

natalie, if you see her tell her i'm coming
she'd better run

"'Ight, 'Ight, fine. Tell 'em to send me how they wanna record it. Or how they want me to record it." I heard Janet squeal down the other line.

"Perfect! I'll let their teams know now. Need anything else, Y/nn?" I licked my lips.

"No, but another studio session soon would be nice. If you can only schedule after New Years that's fine." She hummed. "Got it. I'll let you know. Love you."

"Love you too J."

I hung up the phone and gently threw it on the table in front of me.

"I don't get why you don't just use my home studio." I looked up and noticed my beautiful fiancée standing in the doorway. She had her gorgeous, dimpled white smile plastered on her face. I returned it.