ix

(crazy long chapter so grab your popcorn 😭)
[ chapter 9 ]

october 1, 2020
11:30 a.m
los angeles, california

- - - - -

Today was the day. I was finally releasing my debut album, "envy". The hype when I announced on my social medias I was releasing an album was so mad, my release party had to be scheduled in LA if I wanted it to be big enough to fit all the people who wanted to attend.

The list was ridiculous.

All the people featured on the album, of course.
Rappers from Nicki Minaj and J Cole to Trippie Red and Coi Leray will be attending.
Singers from Ariana Grande and Sam Smith to Bebe Rexha and Madison Beer would be attending.
Models from Victoria Secret angels to Sommer Ray.
R&B singers, alternative rock, rock, all types of shit.

It's an amazing feeling, honestly. The mansion for a home would host over 350 celebrities, including influencers and beauty gurus like the Kardashian/Jenner family. I mean, for fuck sakes the Pauls were coming.

I didn't really mind who came as long as it was all support. I wasn't about to let anybody fuck up my night. It's too important to me.

I was excited. It started at 8 tonight and went all the way till 1:00 in the morning. It's like that so I can release my album at midnight and then have an hour for the regular — which doesn't include the deluxe songs — album to play.

"Nervous at all?" Wallace asked me through the phone. I shrugged, looking down at him on our FaceTime call.

"A little. I'm only scared for it to not live up to the amount of hype it's been given. I don't think it'll flop, but what if it gets called overrated?" He sighed.

"Every single song that is released, which ends up blowing up, gets called overrated. That's probably a hater's favorite line to use. Subtle, but destructive. Don't let them win. That entire album is a bop and a mile and I know that in my gut." I smiled at his comforting words.

"Thank you, Wall-E, I really appreciate it." He nods with a cheeky smile on his face. "Anytime Y/nn."

"Y/n Y/l/n?" My head shot up, one of my PR representatives, Evan, standing there with a small smile.

"Yeah?" I tilt my head to the side. Usually they don't talk to me unless it's through Janet or the entire label as a whole.

"I was asked to come down here and speak to you privately about something. You have time?" He gestures to my phone, in which Wallace's face is still shown on.

"Yeah," I looked back at my best friend.

"I'll call you back, Wall." He nodded, blowing me a playful kiss and hanging up. I chuckled and shook my head. I placed my phone in my pocket and turned to the rep; who was now sitting down on the sofa across from me.

I'm already at the mansion as it was my only place to go for my short trip out here.

"Alright, what's up?" He nods, leaning forward.

"Mr. Janick," He stopped. "The CEO of Interscope Records," I nodded. "Requested me to personally tell you that we've finished your cover for your album." I smiled and nodded again.