xxiv

[ chapter 24 ]

february 11, 2021
10:00 a.m
in route to boston, massachusetts

- - - - -

I woke up with a pit in my stomach and a heavy heart. My chest felt like a damn elephant sat on it, which caused me to shoot up. This, in turn, scared Ariana awake.

"Holy shit!" I heard her whisper-yell out of freight. I immediately felt bad, but I had to focus on my breathing before I passed the fuck out.

"Baby," Ariana sat up beside me; on the bed in the very back of my bus. "Y/nn, are you okay?" I nodded, still trying to regulate my heaving chest.

"Y-yeah. . . m-my chest just. . feels heavy." I spoke through my deep breaths. Finally, after 5 whole minutes I began to feel better.

"Better?" My girlfriend asked as if she read my mind. I nodded. "Better." I gave her a small smile. I saw sympathy in her eyes; but knowing I didn't like it, she kept her smile away from that particular emotion.

"Good." She breathed out. "Was that because of. . ?" She trailed off, and I knew exactly what she was speaking of. I nodded.

"Yeah. To be honest, I'm nervous. I don't know how this is gonna go." I sighed. She softly wrapped her arms around my stomach and leaned her head on my shoulder. My body immediately felt warm from her touch. My anxious smile melted into one that was much more genuine.

"No matter what, I'll be right beside you. If anything, you link your pinky with mine and I'll take control of the conversation." I looked down at her and maintained my smile.

"Okay. Thank you, baby." She nodded, pecking my lips quickly. "Of course. Now, I'm gonna go pee and brush my teeth, then you can, and then we'll see if they're up." I agreed and she gave me one more kiss before getting up and entering the small-ish bathroom. It was actually pretty big considering we're in a tour bus.

To clarify, last night Ariana and I entered the popstar's bus and explained the situation. Her friends and family immediately agreed to her staying with me and Nonna even offered to come with as well. Of course, I gratefully declined.

That crazy woman.

Anyways, after Ariana grabbed some clothes for last night and today; along with a toothbrush, we walked with Dean and my father to my bus. I let my brother and Y/d/n pick out which bunk they wanted while Ariana and I went straight to the back to set Ariana's stuff down.

I was exhausted, so I told the two men we'd talk in the morning and then we all fell asleep just about as soon as the buses started moving.

And now, here we are.

I grabbed my phone, seeing my social medias blowing up from last night's performance. I liked some tweets and even replied to a good few before Ariana came out.

"Whatcha doin'?" The Italian asked, wiping her face and mouth off with a small towel. I looked up from my phone and smiled at her. "Just responding to some fans." I closed out of my phone and stood up.

I really did tower over her.

She bit her lip, smiling through it and got on her tippy-toes to kiss my lips again. "Go ahead sexy, bathroom's all yours." I winked and pecked her cheek before walking in.