xii

[ chapter 12 ]

october 15, 2020
5:00 p.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

It's time. Today is the day I finally ask Ariana to officially be my girlfriend. I know, I probably sound like a 13 year old schoolboy in love with the popular cheerleader but leave me alone; I'm excited.

Ariana's been in that studio nonstop for weeks on weeks now. I'm sure soon it'd be approaching a month. She's been writing for MONTHS though. She told me that her album is almost finished, and that today or tomorrow the track list should be completed.

To say I was proud would be an understatement.

I did join her a couple times at the studio. But really only on writing days because she said, and I quote, "I don't want you to hear anything because I couldn't hear shit for yours." so I guess it's fair.

It was supposed to rain tonight, and I was hoping to God it would. About two weeks ago when I setup that surprise date for Ariana at my home; we went up to the roof and she said she always wanted to kiss someone in the rain.

What better way is there to ask her to be mine officially and have our first kiss than a little dancing in the rain? So, that's what I decided. It usually doesn't rain in October — at least not here, so I was really hoping to get lucky tonight.

ariana's pov: (shocker, eh 😏)

trippin' fallin' with no safety net
girl, it must be somethin' that you said

I shook my head, placing my finger up to gesture to Tommy. He immediately understood, stopping the track.

"What's wrong, Ari?" I shook my head again. "There's something missing in this track." I spoke into the mic. This gained the attention from the rest of the room. Victoria, Courtney, Tayla, Doug, Alfredo, Brian, Scott, Frankie, and my mom. Even Toulouse poked his head up.

"What do you mean?" Tommy then asked again.

"Like, don't y'all think there should be a feature or somethin'?" I looked around at everybody. They shrugged, but Victoria actually raised her eyebrows and made a 'maybe' kind of face.

"Actually, that might work." Her soft voice filled the air as I walked out of the booth. "But who?" Brian then asked. I shrugged, flopping onto one the couches; attempting to think about who could hop on this with me and still make it sound good.

"Yo," Tayla spoke up from the other sofa. "What if you put your lil' girlfriend on this? Didn't you say you wanted her on the album? This is like the last song you have a chance to do so on." My eyes lit up, and I grabbed the nearest thing to me; a water bottle, and playfully threw it at the blonde girl.

"Shut the fuck up." I joked, laughing. Everyone followed along, until we all couldn't stop.

I bent down, repeatedly slapping my hand on my knee. When I finally caught my breath, I noticed Frankie and my mom giving me a look.

"Why didn't I know about this girlfriend, Ariana?" My mom spoke up first, Frankie crossing his legs sassily with that 'yeah, bitch, what she said' type of look on his face. I almost laughed, but then I went back to my mom— who seemed completely serious.