xxxxxii

[ chapter 52 ]

january 15
5:30 p.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

"What did Calvin even have out for you? I thought he was part of White M." Zachary asked as I was getting ready for my wedding. So far I had my pants and shoes on, along with a white tank playing as my undershirt.

"It's hard to explain, because even I am not entirely sure. One thing I will say though, is Calvin was always jealous. When I just kept getting pushed higher and higher in the hierarchy of the crew he became more and more spiteful." I shrugged.

"It was rather out of spite and envy or revenge and power." I finalized. The others nodded.

"I heard Ariana's dad is here to walk her down the aisle and shit. Y'all have met before right?" Zachary asks. I immediately nod.

"Yeah, yeah. A good few times. Not nearly as much as the rest of her family but we're cool." My stylist helped me with the rest of my suit. To which Ari had picked for me.

It was a black and white suit. Simple but elegant and it looked really good on me. I don't know what my soon-to-be wife is wearing but I'm almost 100% sure it's white.

(i'm basing this off of ariana's actual wedding with dalton. ik, but im lazy. so y/n's wearing what dalton wore and of course ariana's wearing what she did)

I sprayed on some cologne as I had already applied deodorant and then gave myself another look. Armelo, my hair stylist, had already done his job so I didn't have to worry about anything else.

"You look so fucking sick, Y/n." I smiled at Zachary's words — everyone else pitching in their compliments. My heart fluttered and I became more and more giddy at the thought of seeing my girl walking down the aisle.

i can't believe i'm actually about to marry her

Suddenly, someone walked in causing the whole room to go silent. I turned around and noticed Edward, Ariana's dad, standing there with a toothless smile.

"Hello. Sorry to interrupt, but I'd like a second with the bride before she marries my daughter." Everyone nodded and quickly left. My stomach was at my feet and my heart was in my ass. My chest felt tight with anxiety and I made a quick decision to sit my ass down.

Edward took a seat across from me and stared into my eyes.

"So. . do you think you're ready?" He asks. I instantly nod, swallowing in hopes it'd rid of the lump in my throat.

"Of course. I know I'm ready. This. . this is something I've been waiting for, for a while now." He nods. "She's ready. Excited. I'm supposed to be there to walk her down in about 15 minutes. But I wanted to talk to you first." He cleared his throat and shuffled in the couch seat.

"Y/n, I know we haven't talked much. Or really even seen each other much — but I put my trust in you. Joan and Ariana had a talk with me a couple days ago. They explained to me all the things you two have been through; including your whole 'father' situation. I-. ." He falters.

My eyebrows furrow but I didn't get the chance to say anything before he spoke again.

"I'm willing to be a. . better father figure for you. I'm happy to say that you will be Ariana's forever; and the other way around." For the first time throughout this entire conversation, he shone me a real, pearly white smile.