When it rains (tokoyami x reader)

This character is underrated as hell.

Where my tokoyami fans at????

Warning: this is definitely gonna be big angst, there isn't gonna be much yandere in this (maybe attachment issues at the end?), and just all around depressing.

This is my rare attempt at the sad. Plz be gentle 🙏

~~~~~~~~~~~

"When is it gonna rain...?" A voice whined.

Tokoyami looked to his side only to find himself surprised to see you.

He hadn't really seen you before, and the fact that nobody seemed bothered nor surprised had him believing that he hadn't noticed you this whole time.

Everyone was doing a test that afternoon but you were the only one without a sheet of paper nor a pencil.

You looked to your left with a bored look before noticing his dark eyes locked on your form.

You too acted surprised to see him before you smiled at the kid.

"Oh hey! You're the shadow kid!" You exclaimed before covering your mouth and looking forward.

He too looked toward the front to see if Aizawa heard. The man was glaring in your general direction but didn't say a thing and went back to grading old assignments.

You sighed in relief before whispering.

"He doesn't like it when I talk so loud during class. Gets on his nerves." You whispered loud enough for Tokoyami to hear.

Tokoyami side-eyed you, letting you know that he was listening.

"Anyways, you and your quirk are very very amazing! I wish mine was like yours so I wouldn't be so lonely."

Well that was blunt.

Tokoyami didn't say anything but grunted. Some students looked back at him, to which he cleared his throat to cover up his embarrassment.

"You don't have to say anything out loud, I can read your mind."

Tokoyami glanced at you questioningly.

'Can you really?'

'Yuppers!'

His eyes widened before going back to his cool facade.

'Oh.' He thought.

You chuckled in response before continuing to talk to him telepathically.

'What's his name?'

'His?'

'Yes, the shadow that comes out of your belly button?'

Tokoyami closed his eyes and breathed through his nose.

'Its name is dark shadow.'

Speak of the devil- or think it, and he shall appear. The quirk came out from his stomach and gave him a harsh glare.

"I'm not an IT!" He exclaimed angrily.

The class immediately turned their way, which brought nothing but sheer embarrassment to the poor boy.

"Dark Shadow! Down!" He whispered/yelled while shoving the quirk down.

"No!" The quirk whined.